Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Congratulations to James Ong 38th place in Open.

HIT STAGE STAGE COMPETITOR

PLACE PTS TIME FACTOR POINTS PERCENT # Name

Stage 1 --

8 45 4.52 9.9558 38.9270 86.50 627 Ong, James

Stage 13 --

19 152 16.35 9.2966 139.7456 87.34 627 Ong, James

Stage 15 --

19 40 4.85 8.2474 28.6757 71.69 627 Ong, James

Stage 19 --

8 43 4.21 10.2138 37.1874 82.64 627 Ong, James

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Erik!

HIT STAGE STAGE COMPETITOR

PLACE PTS TIME FACTOR POINTS PERCENT # Name

Stage 2 --

8 43 5.23 8.2218 37.7549 83.90 655 Warren, Erik

Stage 12 --

6 39 4.57 8.5339 36.5864 91.47 655 Warren, Erik

Stage 17 --

15 76 8.57 8.8681 66.2155 82.77 655 Warren, Erik

Stage 21 --

12 43 5.56 7.7338 37.8183 84.04 655 Warren, Erik

Stage 27 --

15 40 3.05 13.1148 39.9063 88.68 655 Warren, Erik

Stage 31 --

18 41 5.78 7.0934 36.1281 80.28 655 Warren, Erik

Stage 33 --

8 42 4.00 10.5000 39.9477 88.77 655 Warren, Erik

So Erik were those the only stages without swingers? :P

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

Vlad.

The picture you are looking at is not Tyc's gun.

I think it was posted so that we coild see what a CZ 85 Combat II looks like.

I agree that these grips would not pass an equipment check.

Hope you find this helpfull.

Actually it is Tyc's gun, just not at the WS. Here is the original thread and note that in the third post the original poster mentions that he took the picture of Tyc's gun at a czech match.

I just wanted to say- from Pete G.'s post, it's obvious why he he has raised such a fine daughter. In all of my shooting experience, Julie and her teamate Dave have been the class of the shooting sports. I hope that other competitors (myslef included) can live up their example.

I would also like to mention an experience I had two years ago at the Area 8 match, when the CZ rep let me handle Angus Hobdell's competition pistol, play with the trigger job, etc. CZ makes a fine product and Angus had nothing to hide. It would be nice if other competitors followed his example.

Julie,

Your actions were a model we can all hope to live up to. From me, and on behalf of everyone with any integrity - thank you. Your dad has a lot to be proud of!

Sounds like this Adam fella has dug himself a pretty deep hole, which might be difficult to climb out of - if at all. If you don't have the trust and respect of your comrades... then I hope you like holes.

On the positive side, I've been around long enough to see a few eventually crawl out. Sometimes it just takes some time to figure these things out.

be

One of my heros, growing up, was a danish sailboat racer named Paul Elvstrom.

Something he said in an interview stuck with me thru my whole competitive racing career. He said.

"If you won the race, but in doing so have lost the respect of your competitors, then you have won nothing."

B

I'll miss some folks on this - but my sincere congrats to all the BE'rs that kicked ass down there.

It is painfully obvious how difficult it was just to go shoot this match. You all got down there, worked through your issues, and by the looks of the scores - did awesome.

And while it is great to see guys like Phil, Manny, Matt and Angus not only getting there but competing for the win, it is also incredible to see guys placing in the top 100 that have never been, or have never placed in the top 100 in the world. Seriously, think about that. I don't know how many humanoids there are on this earth, but it's a bunch. If you placed in the top 500 it demonstrates a proficiency in a sport that is frankly not equaled by many. If any of you were golfers you'd be rich.

But it isn't about money, and it isn't about winning. You guys and gals got out there and demonstrated why you are among the best both on the range and during the down time.

I've not met half of you but I'm damn proud to know all of you.

Congrats and job well done!

Jack

My personal shout out to Robbie - you keep winning amigo - and I'm proud of you for it.

One of my heros, growing up, was a danish sailboat racer named Paul Elvstrom.

Something he said in an interview stuck with me thru my whole competitive racing career.  He said.

"If you won the race, but in doing so have lost the respect of your competitors, then you have won nothing."

B

So true. When I first started shooting I heard a story about a competitor whose time was anomalously lower than everyone else on one stage. The shooter felt the timer didn't record the last shoots and that he didn't earn the low time. He, not another competitor, petitioned the Range Master for a reshoot. I think it took a bit of work on his part to get the reshoot since the score sheet was signed and considered final.

When I explain our sport to non-shooters, I use that example to demonstrate the HIGH quality of people that shoot. I try to live up to that example shooting and in life.

BTW, I think David Sevigny was the shooter and I think the reshoot cost him the match.

It was Dave,

I was there and watched his run, It was awesome, both times, but the second run was not as clean and it did cost him points. I can't remember if he eventually won or not, but he is definately a class act.

I might add that so is Julie.

Jim Norman

Julie,

Your actions were a model we can all hope to live up to. From me, and on behalf of everyone with any integrity - thank you. Your dad has a lot to be proud of!

Sounds like this Adam fella has dug himself a pretty deep hole, which might be difficult to climb out of - if at all. If you don't have the trust and respect of your comrades... then I hope you like holes.

On the positive side, I've been around long enough to see a few eventually crawl out. Sometimes it just takes some time to figure these things out.

be

Brian,

This "Adam fella" quote from you seems very harsh. That took me be surprise.

I was not there (Ecuador, neither were you I believe) remember, there is always two sides to the story, glorifying one person, and demolishing the other is (in my humble opinion) not the right way to handle a situation like this.

I do not know either of these fine youngsters personally, but (there is always a but) there may be more to this story.

Was this young lady the official designated gun/equipment inquisitor for World Shoot XIV?

Did she examine all competitors equipment or just “This Adam fella” (Adam Tyc’s)

Was there some obvious motive for this examination? Adam was at the time of the “incident” leading her teammate and fellow Glockster in the standings I believe.

I think we should put this issue to rest, nothing is to be gained from this.

Fossil

As one of the chief pot-stirrers in this thread, even I have come to the conclusion that there is little point to continuing this debate. I'm going to close it down for now. Another moderator may decide to re-open it at a later time.

I'm going to add two things

1- Rob has moved my stuff around over on http://www.uspsa-photos.org/gallery. It's better organized now, but the old links don't go to the best places, so use the main url and navigate from there.

2- Stepping off the plane in San Antonio, I asked my fellow world-shooters "Would you do it again, even with all the ammo problems?" and with no hesitation, we all said "Heck yeah".