Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

300 caliber suppressor

cconnection

I have wanted to purchase a Suppressor for a 300 black-out, but can never seems to get my mind wrapped around what is most important.  Materials from S.S. to Titanium. Lengths , DB drops. there is so much. any simple advice, and of course costs? biggest ( or smallest ) bang for the bucks.

Weight and length will be the most important. Find the lightest suppressor in your budget from a major manufacturer and you'll be set. Pretty much every 7.62 can is metering within a few decibels of each other, but weight is what makes it actually usable.

I've got a Specwar 762 that is still the quietest 30 caliber can, but at 24oz and 9" long it's unpleasant to shoot. Shooting a rifle offhand with it attached is like doing dumbbell raises.

Edited by Will_M

Agreed about length and weight. I have a Liberty Freedom that I use only if I'm shooting off a bench. I have a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 that I use for everything. Looking back, I wouldnt have bought the Freedom and just bought another Ultra.

2 minutes ago, Chui said:

SureFire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lighter, shorter, quieter, and cheaper models available from other manufacturers. 

Edited by Will_M

Thunderbeast Ultra 7 is an excellent choice.

I have one on my 300 SBR and am very happy.  Hearing safe with subs and the front end of the rifle isn't muzzle heavy.

I also have 30 cal cans from Shark, SiCo and SF.  My Thunderbeast cans see most all my shooting now days.

Remember that this is something you'll be keeping for a long long time, and also waiting to get for 6-12 months so don't skimp on quality for a budget price. 

Also look for those who will take care of you after the sale. 

Silencerco, Rugged, Thunderbeast and Dead Air are all high quality cans with the manufacturer support to take care of you if something happens. 

With much better customer support. 

You’ve got me curious...

What is SF Customer Support like?

I said “SF” because... “if it’s good enough for...”

I tangentially knew some guys who worked at Crane and they felt that the SF cans were the best. They stated that they were not the lightest or quietest but flash suppression, minimal shot dispersion and durability is where their product(s) shine.

I do not possess one so my experience of ownership is all naught.

2 hours ago, Chui said:

You’ve got me curious...

What is SF Customer Support like?

I said “SF” because... “if it’s good enough for...”

I tangentially knew some guys who worked at Crane and they felt that the SF cans were the best. They stated that they were not the lightest or quietest but flash suppression, minimal shot dispersion and durability is where their product(s) shine.

I do not possess one so my experience of ownership is all naught.

Customer support for their military/LEO contracts are great, but for civilians, it's more of a "get you when we get you" kind of deal. 

I bought a Q Trash Panda from silencer shop. Length and weight were important to me because I will be packing the rifle around. It will be used on a 6.5CM and 300blk AR. Also the Trash Panda comes with two cherry bomb muzzle breaks. 

Edited by NateTSU

Surefire cans are definitely the toughest SOB's on the market, and have quite a few awesome options.

Dead air definitely has the best QD mounting platform and are extremely good performers, both durability and suppression( I have a couple sandmans, the K and the S) and they have a new lightweight can out now too.

Silencerco has some of the quietest cans you can buy....

WHAT are you looking for this can to do primarily?

I got my first can this year and don't know why I waited so long to finally get one.  I went with a TBAC ultra 7 and couldn't be happier.  I use it on my 300wm, 6.5x284, 243 and .223 coyote rifles.  It's only 7 inches long and weighs only 9.5 oz.  It will be on my rifle for my muley hunt starting in 2 weeks.

• 1 month later...

YHM Resonator is about the best bang for the buck I think.  A few companies are doing good promotions right now so there are some other good deals.

If you're primarily wanting it for blackout a ton of options will work well.  Do you have other suppressors? If not keep in mind what other calibers you would be most likely to suppress a .45 or 9mm pistol can works great for blackout and can be used on those or the .30 Cal can like you're thinking.

If it’s for minimal usage I suppose any will do. A couple things to consider are longevity and quality, as well as the company itself. While some say government contracts really don’t matter I would say otherwise. They get royally abused well past an expected shelf life. Companies like Surefire and KAC will be around a long time. They won’t have to cut corners down the line to stay in the black. You don’t see them laying off hundreds of people or shuffling top management. Sure there’s cheaper and as such varying levels of quality like anything else you buy. It’s quite an investment in time and money and not easy to unload if one needs to down the road.

SilencerCo Omega is the answer to your question.  Light, strong, quiet, and priced right.  I own 2 of them, one set up for direct thread, one set up for QD. My QD Omega has been run full auto repeatedly on a couple of hosts and it's taken a lot of abuse on SBR uppers.

My DT Omega w/brake end cap makes my 6.5 rifle feel like a .223 and it has zero POI change when installed. 

Thunder Beast cans: Spectacular for precision rifles because of the minimal poi change when shooting suppressed or un-suppressed. If you aren't buying a can to dedicate to a precision rifle though, you sacrifice a lot going with Thunder Beast. They're not the most quiet, not the lightest, and definitely not the least expensive.

Surefire cans: Great if you hate money and don't care about performance.

Q cans: Not a pile of real world reviews compared to others. Company owner is a great engineer, but that's about it.

Dead Air: A good alternative to the Omega. If I didnt own a pile of SilencerCo cans already, I might have gone that route.

9 hours ago, biggulp said:

Thunder Beast cans: Spectacular for precision rifles because of the minimal poi change when shooting suppressed or un-suppressed. If you aren't buying a can to dedicate to a precision rifle though, you sacrifice a lot going with Thunder Beast. They're not the most quiet, not the lightest, and definitely not the least expensive.

What suppressors are the same size and lighter?