Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

300 caliber suppressor

cconnection

13 minutes ago, jon49erfan said:

What suppressors are the same size and lighter?

Compared to the Ultra-7?  There aren't many that are lighter, but I'd give up the ~3 oz of weight for a ~5 DB noise reduction for a "range use" can.   

I know its up there in price;

But I am a huge fan of the KAC cans. The mounting system is incredible, minimal backpressure so you get less gas face, and the MAMS is an awesome muzzle device.

KAC>Surefire>Deadair for me right now.

There are a lot of great suppressors on the market now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to hijack the thread  but I have a question for someone with experience here.

I was also looking for a 'hybrid' suppressor to use on multiple firearms and some of the information from the interwebs (so it must be true...) is that the actual rifle system itself has a lot to do with overall noise.  I wouldn't expect hollywood quiet out of anything but if you take say a SiCo Omega and 3 - 4 different 300 Blk uppers with different gas blocks, charging handles, barrel length, etc could you see a noticeable difference in noise level at the shooter?

+1 for Thunder Beast Ultra 7. Have a .30 cal for 6.5 grendel and 6.5 creedmoor. Light, well made, great company and superb accuracy. 

RE: POI shift, I have always noted a POI impact shift suppressed vs unsuppressed on all my barrels longer than 16". The weight of the can changes the harmonics of the barrel. What I noticed with the TBAC U7 was that the suppressed POI never changes after taking the can on and off. Very repeatable, which is why they are so popular with the precision crowd. 

Not trying to hijack the thread  but I have a question for someone with experience here.

I was also looking for a 'hybrid' suppressor to use on multiple firearms and some of the information from the interwebs (so it must be true...) is that the actual rifle system itself has a lot to do with overall noise.  I wouldn't expect hollywood quiet out of anything but if you take say a SiCo Omega and 3 - 4 different 300 Blk uppers with different gas blocks, charging handles, barrel length, etc could you see a noticeable difference in noise level at the shooter?

Barrel length and, to a much lesser extent, gas tube length are the only things going to make a real difference. Sound at the muzzle will be about the same for all of the configurations, but different uppers and buffer weights can have more or less pop at the ejection port.

It won't be a huge difference in most cases.

Edited by Will_M

as far as customer service, I had a baffle strike with my Omega and silencerco replaced the damaged parts, cerakoted the tube (it was scratched after being launched down range) and sent it right back to me fast, no charge. The damage was only cosmetic and very likely my fault, but they still covered it.

I am a little late to the party but for my first suppressor I was mostly concerned with durability.  Secondly, I wanted something I could switch around to different firearms.  My mindset was, I am going to have this forever.  That is a new concept for me as I am not a person who keeps things.  I bought the Rugged Surge 7.62  and it is a great can.  It is way overbuilt for a casual shooter.  Second can was Omega 300.  Not over built and still a great can.  You really don't need a super full auto rated barrel melting can as a casual shooter.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish I had purchased a larger caliber can to begin with b/c I use my .30 caliber for 300 blk, .308,  30-06, 5.56mm. and 22lr all the time and could have added quite a few others like 338, .357, 9mm, 40 cal, 45 acp, 458 SOCOM, etc with a bigger one.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...