Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack 9mm Mags

BigMoneyGrip

I have a stainless Range Offocer in 9mm and I'm looking for a 10 round magazine. The factory 9 rounds work great, but I'd like to find a reliable 10 round mag. I got a 10 round Chip McCormick, but the first few rounds tend to nose dive right in to the magazine and never make it to the feed ramp on the barrel. 

What works good? I'd rather not have to experiment $36 a pop.

Thanks!

You're just going to have to experiment with what works for your gun using your favorite load. I never found a 10 round magazine that worked reliably for my STI Trojan and had to revert back to the Springfield Metalform 9 round units. I'd suggest asking around to see if you could borrow some different magazines from friends to test in your gun before making any purchases in quantity. 

I had problems with chips as well. I don’t shoot my SS 9mm in competition just for fun but a friend that does uses Dawson and Wilson. He likes them both but he pretty well shoots the Dawson in matches. 

Edited by Dpolk
Misspelling

On 6/23/2018 at 10:43 PM, Distant Thunder said:

You're just going to have to experiment with what works for your gun using your favorite load. I never found a 10 round magazine that worked reliably for my STI Trojan and had to revert back to the Springfield Metalform 9 round units. I'd suggest asking around to see if you could borrow some different magazines from friends to test in your gun before making any purchases in quantity. 

Have you tried the Brownells 10rd mags?

This is what I use and they have run great in my Trojan. 

Mine is an early model and no matter what combination of mag catch, recoil/main springs, lubricants or ammo it will only feed reliably from 9-round magazines. It's even been back to STI to have the feed ramp recut, but it just seems to still prefer the 9 rounders. That's why I encourage others to experiment with whatever different types of magazines they can get their hands on as there seems to be no magic combination for this gun in the available 10 rounders. I've met a few other folks who've had this same problem so at least I know it's not just me having this issue.

My 10 round Tripp mags run without flaw in my 9mm Citadel.  With the stock barrel and also with the Kart NM barrel I'm trying in it presently.  Work with LSWC and round and flat nosed coated bullets of various brands.  Haven't, as of yet, been able to match groups with my .45 but am getting closer.