Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics forum

MrSmith

1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

As the popularity seems to be increasing, I

was thinking that it might be nice if Carry Optics had its own sub forum in the techinal section like factory, 1911, open, and pcc. 

Or just call me crazy! :)

How does CO not fit into the current sections? It's 90% a Production gun with the addition of a slide mounted optic. 

I disagree. Adding a CO forum will only dilute the discussion in the Factory subsections. Nothing about a factory gun changes dramatically by adding a red dot. Half the people (maybe more?) in CO division have their dot mounted either on a MOS plate or in their rear dovetail. In other words, they plan on switching back to iron sights at some point and staying in Production.

19 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

I disagree. Adding a CO forum will only dilute the discussion in the Factory subsections. Nothing about a factory gun changes dramatically by adding a red dot. Half the people (maybe more?) in CO division have their dot mounted either on a MOS plate or in their rear dovetail. In other words, they plan on switching back to iron sights at some point and staying in Production.

Not

But I didn't think we needed production back in that day since there was limited for those guns to shoot in.

10 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Disagree with this. Not every CO shooter has directly came from shooting production nor plans to shoot production in the future. I believe CO does need this forum in order to relieve the amount of hunting through sub forums to find needed information.

I could go either way.  The only division specific ones you have are PCC and Open. If you create one for carry optic, do you then need to split the 1911 one into Single Stack and Limited. Then does Limited include glock, M&P, or other plastic frame guns that people use for the division. My point is when does it end. Do you have to re organize all the forums? If I had a question about a Glock, I’d look in the Glock section under factory pistols. If I couldn’t find it in a previous post, I’d ask there.  If there is not talk about doing this for those guns that people run in limited, I don’t think we need to do the same for Carry Optic. For limited you add a mag well and mag extensions. For CO you add a dot and mag extensions. Not a whole lot of difference. 

Edited by Mikeski
Spelling