Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals 2005 - Open Lim10

She's shooting for Canada at the WS...

That would be the best of both worlds if a Green Card allows her (or anybody else) to shoot for National Titles in both Countries...

Regardless...she's a tremendous talent. Congrats on a great performance.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gun malfunctions suck... I had two at Nationals, the first was a failure to eject but it was after the last round was fired on the stage (yippee for me).

The second one was on stage 14, hammer followed through. It completely screwed up my concentration and turned a mediocre performance into something that an arthritic, one-legged blind-man would have been disgusted with. <_<

I'm giving some consideration to moving to a tanfoglio for next year, one with a Docter scope on it like my SVI/STI Commander gun that I shoot now...

Last day of a national match many years ago - gun misfed on my second to last stage.

I ended up 3rd. Now that one has me wondering what if . . .

They were on the stage ahead of us, 15 at the time of the DQ, and I was told that his gun went off while he was doing a reload. Out over the berm, and if my luck would have been a little better the bullet would have found me up on stage #14 so I wouldn't have had to continued to shoot.

According to Travis, wasn't during a reload - the gun doubled... Here's what he sent me:

I've had a few people ask me this but I wasn't DQ'd during a

reload. My gun doubled and the RO ruled that the round left the bay. The

berm was only 6ft tall so it was pretty hard to tell and he didn't even stop

me. The triggers on both of my guns went down the day before the Nationals,

so it was a new trigger job and I just didn't have time to test it

thoroughly. I felt bad for the RO though.

It was a pretty tough week for me.

If anybody asks please let them know what really happened.

Thanks Dave,

Travis

So what are the predictions for Limited 10? Who will win? Odds-on-favorites? Dark horses? Unknown quantities (IPSC shooters)??? Let's hear your picks & why.

I'll predict that the L10 winner this year isn't shooting a 1911 based gun.

does anyone know if dave shot his G35, or a 1911?

I saw Travis's gun double, it did happen really fast. He was engaging a target thru a window and the gun doubled on the last shot as he was leaving. That was hard to watch, but Travis took it in stride.

It was fun being squadded with those guys, just wish my mags would have worked. Had 3 nosedives that moved me down the list about 16 places. Darkhouse, comstock barricade, and #16. Oh well, I just shot that one for fun anyway.

Dave S. has already caused a revolution in IPSC shooting. I like the fact that he has killed two myths:

1) Glocks are not competitive

2) You have to shoot major to be competitive

Bless you Dave :)

yes, but he would have scored just about the same (he says 2% less, others say better because of the penalties he had with major) with minor. Besides, even if he shot 2% less of his current score, that would still be pretty competitive, don't you think? :)

Hi guys,

I am in no way meaning to start a war with the GLOCK fanatics. But why does GLOCK not support the sports more by sponsoring more shooters? Seems that there are legions of fans and GLOCKS profit margins are so high why not give back to the people who support them?

Hi guys,

I am in no way meaning to start a war with the GLOCK fanatics.  But why does GLOCK not support the sports more by sponsoring more shooters?  Seems that there are legions of fans and GLOCKS profit margins are so high why not give back to the people who support them?

Please, let's not go down this road. Please?

I don't know about the sponsored shooters thing, but I think Glock is very supportive of the shooting sports. At most matches I attend I see banners welcoming them as stage sponsors, and at more than a few, the match sponsor. They also sponsor our local Steel Challenge matches. When we built a new shoot house for our range recently, Glock donated a certificate for a free pistol for us to raffle off to offest the construction costs.

Of course if they wanted to do an "Average Joe" sponsorship and pay my way to some matches, I'd be happy to break out the 34!

Hi guys,

I am in no way meaning to start a war with the GLOCK fanatics.  But why does GLOCK not support the sports more by sponsoring more shooters?  Seems that there are legions of fans and GLOCKS profit margins are so high why not give back to the people who support them?

Please, let's not go down this road. Please?

Sorry. I posted before I read this.

Sorry guys,

I in no way meant to step on anyones toes and I guess I should have just thought it to my self instead of speaking out loud. I only meant that there are not alot of factory spronsored GLOCK shooter's and am not trying to belittle the positive things that they do do. Hope that makes sense and I do apoligize.

Sorry guys,

I in no way meant to step on anyones toes and I guess I should have just thought it to my self instead of speaking out loud.  I only meant that there are not alot of factory spronsored GLOCK shooter's and am not trying to belittle the positive things that they do do.  Hope that makes sense and I do apoligize.

Hmmm....I shot for Glock for four years and they do take care of their shooters. Debbie Keehart shoots for them too as does Brian. There are other lesser known shooters that they sponsor as well. But, the difference now is the marketing. Their focus before was military and LEO contracts - they are now expanding into the competitive arena with their branding....Hence Julie and Dave are more visible as they have more titles. Armando would still be sponsored if an on the job injury hadn't side lined him I would guess.

Well ok, If Chris E. needs a "sponsored" shooter here in the NW. I'll do the best I can. Let me check my schedule..YEP I'm available for sponsorship. On which line do I sign? :)

As far as Glock not giving enough back, dont they give away a shitload of guns at every GSSF match?? I personally think those matches sorta suck, but they pass out guns like they dont wanna carry em home. I know that with the restructuring of the GSSF matches a lotta people were mad but if nothing else they have given out a ton in the past. I'd gladly let this argument die, just had to add that before it did.

I shoot on a GSSF team & we have won 3 out of 4 GSSF events we entered. Prize is a plaque. This year, they charged an extra fee ($10) for team entry, plus the $25 per division. It is true that 1st place wins a gun in every division & the "classes" are done on the Lewis system so its like 2 or 3 more Glocks are raffled off. After 3 years, I still have not won a gun though.

As for Glock's contribution to USPSA & IDPA, I think Glock could easily offer a contingency program like STI & profit greatly on the deal; they market their guns as much as anybody & could use photos/results of winning Glock shooters in their many magazine ads. By doing it on a contingency basis, they would not pay unless you win (while wearing advertising for their product at the match). Then again, Glock is already likely the #1 choice in Production and SSP - why offer anything?

GSSF gives away a ton of guns. I personally know 7 or 8 guys that have won guns at GSSF matches. If you want to win a gun the Team shoot is obviously not the way to do it. It's just another fun way to compete. I've won at least 12, and it's probably closer to 15, Glocks and at least a $1000.00 in cash. I think Glock does okay by a lot of people. And FYI, they are no longer using the Lewis system. Top in each division recieve gun or cash down to ten or so. Then they do the remainder by random drawing. They are averaging a prize to 1 in 4 shooters. I don't think that is bad for a $25.00 entry fee.

Is the top 16 gear list posted anywhere? I would like to see the trends. I know they post it in front sight. But does it get on line anyplace?

I would have thought the competitors would have received a survey card in the shooter's packets, but we certainly didn't get any. Maybe they just poll the top 16 these days. I dunno...

On another note, I didn't see Shooting USA's film crew at the Open/L10 Nationals. Were they there? Don't they have exclusive rights to the USPSA Nationals coverage?

-Chet