Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals 2005 - Lim Prod Rev

Vincent,

They seemed to have messed up on the Production awards.  In Production, they only gave out Top 8 plaques.  The class plaques should have (likely) started from 9th on.  I am guessing that they just followed the pattern from Limited by mistake (Top 16).

No, we asked and were told they were doing Top 16 across the board. We DID ask. Same for revolver. I understand what you're saying, but we were told Top 16 across the board.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 16 out of 242 Limited is about 6% Top 4 out of 20 Revolver is 20% What makes revolver shooters so special that 1 in 5 of them should be recognized as the cream of the crop? Recognizing just 1 of 20 works out to about the same percentage as Limited.

This is all I have for the guns of the Top 10 Production:

1 Dave Sevigny Glock 34

2 Angus Hobdell CZ SP-01

3 Matt Mink CZ 85

4 Chuck Anderson Glock 17

5 David Olhasso Beretta 96

6 Roger Sherman Sig 226 ST

7?

8 Pete Milionis CZ SP-01

9?

10?

Good going Chuck!!! Top 4 so far is pretty damn great.

Don't you think that the top guys are usually sponsored shooters and get paid to shoot what a particular company has them shoot? I am more interested in what the results of the equipment survey is for all shooters. I expect to see some more CZ this year and more XDs but I think that the Glocks will again rule production with nothing really even close to their dominance in production. Just one guys opinion.

Don't you think that the top guys are usually sponsored shooters and get paid to shoot what a particular company has them shoot?  I am more interested in what the results of the equipment survey is for all shooters.  I expect to see some more CZ this year and more XDs but I think that the Glocks will again rule production with nothing really even close to their dominance in production.  Just one guys opinion.

I'm pretty sure that I've heard from some of the members of the CZ team that they have a choice of CZs to shoot. I've likewise heard that the Beretta contract simply limits shooters to only shooting Berettas ----- but I could be wrong, since most of this just came up as part of different conversations.....

Well...

Because we (Joy Hyden, Manny, and I) were still at the range figuring out the 'who won what' listing for Michael Voigt to use the next day. We got out of there about 9:15 at night, using flashlights to find our cars, drove the 40 minutes back to Quincy, and THEN uploaded results.

That's why.

I noticed this issue at the few big matches I've attended. Seems really strange that EZWinScore doesn't handle this simple task considering all the much more complex things it does do. Who does the EZWinScore development? Is there a feature request system?

-Vincent

Top 16 out of 242 Limited is about 6% Top 4 out of 20 Revolver is 20% What makes revolver shooters so special that 1 in 5 of them should be recognized as the cream of the crop? Recognizing just 1 of 20 works out to about the same percentage as Limited.

We'll hell, why even acknowledge them. It almost happened this year, sort of.

By the way Eric, what makes Limited so special, is it that special look on their faces when they go slide lock and can't figure out why/when to reload a 20 rnd mag in a stage.

Well...

Because we (Joy Hyden, Manny, and I) were still at the range figuring out the 'who won what' listing for Michael Voigt to use the next day. We got out of there about 9:15 at night, using flashlights to find our cars, drove the 40 minutes back to Quincy, and THEN uploaded results.

That's why.

I noticed this issue at the few big matches I've attended. Seems really strange that EZWinScore doesn't handle this simple task considering all the much more complex things it does do. Who does the EZWinScore development? Is there a feature request system?

-Vincent

Tom N. did the last update for USPSA

Funny how we all crack jokes (good and bad) about the revos in the Nats, but gotta stop and think that many a revo shooter can also kick my a$$ with an auto too, but I can't shoot the round gun to save my butt. :angry::(

Driving to the nats non-stop in your SUV from 1000 miles away = $ 337.56

Food/beverage while traveling = $ 27.73

Lodging/meals while attending = $ 671.38

that special look on their faces when they go slide lock and can't figure out why/when to reload a 20 rnd mag in a stage.
= PRICELESS

Shooting a revolver well is kinda like shooting a rifle backwards over your shoulder and lining up the sights with the reflection off the facet on a diamond ring. It's cool and impressive, but what's the point?

I think ultimately the point is that it's fun, and eventually I may get a 625 in my quest to become AX5+. I will be prepared to be treated as a red-headed stepchild, however.

You revolver guys are funny...don't you know most Limited guns are "fixed" to not lock back when empty???  ;)

The proper sound would be "click click click click click" to get to than #(*@^(& light hit, all the time trying to convice yourself to not dump your gun to put a new moon in.

Yesterday I installed a new Keonig hammer in my para P16.40 and last week I installed a Jarvis barrel into the caspian slide on it.

The point to revolvers is you get to take your brass home, this is handy when you are cheap

How many of you guys at Barry got to take your brass home besides the 20 revolver shooters ???? ;)

plus my tricked out 625 has maybe $550 in it, how much for a tricked out STI, SVI, Caspian..... you get the idea. :D

Revolvers, the fun, cheap way to shoot IPSICK !!!!!

Yeah I hear you already, "What's the fun of having to reload all the time?"

The challenge in revolvers in not reloading all the time it is stage break down, first and foremost, then maybe reloads.

My guess is if all you autoloader (back and forth shooters ;) ) would shoot revolvers for a year, your stage times would plummet compared to before you shot it, but that is only a guess (has for me though when I shoot my back and forth).

any way to each his own, I don't know about the rest of the wheel gun guys/gals but I don't want anything special, I just want to shoot and get and give respect where got and given.

We all are in the same boat we don't need to be like the shotgun shooters in my area, think they are above the rest of the shooters because they have the "gentelemans sport" and everyone else are just a bunch of rednecks.

That's it for me, hope to see some of you at the Tennessee Section (did I say GREAT MATCH and PRIZE TABLE) and If not there somewehere.

Hopalong/ SAM KEEN

ZHunter,

Don't worry about the angles, look at the sights !!!!!

kind of like, don't look at the golf club swinging, look at the ball i think you can relate. ;)

Hop

yes i know you are poking fun !!!!!

Hop, it was kind of poking fun, yes, but I have never felt comfortable with the wrist angle.

But lookin' at the sights always helps ;)

Tonight I will have my sights set on a tall well endowed female hopefully ;)

Thanks Todd, Dave.

That match had to be the hardest-fought battle ever, just to stay in it.

I have the highest respect for any Revo willing to step on the grass at PASA PARK.

Congrats to all who showed up!!

Dan