TACCOM 2-Stage Buffer Setups?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BartCarter said:

Tim, does your buffer use a carbine spring?  I am not partial to the heavier springs.

Along those same libes, is a rifle length tube possible?   I’m using a rifke tube now with a carbine spacer.  It wouldn’t ruin my day to lose that spacer if possible.  

I am pretty sure that his system is externally similar to the Hyd Buffer.  I have used both rifle and carbine length springs in my Carbine buffer tube with no problems.

You cannot use a rifle length buffer tube without the spacer, unless you specifically use a rifle length buffer that restricts the Bolt's travel.  If you were to do that, the bolt would smack into the back of the charging handle and potentially damage the bolt, handle, upper and buffer tube.

Edited by L9X25

Our system comes with a 10% reduced recoil rifle spring.......is run in a carbine tube and the rifle spring does not go solid. IF YOU RUN OUR SYSTEM IN A RIFLE BUFFER TUBE YOU NEED TO ASK US FOR THE 2.625" SPACER!!!!!!!.....if you do not use the spacer in a rifle length buffer you will die (well maybe not, but you sure as hell could get hurt and ruin your weapon)

Additionally......you can use a carbine spring with our system and it works well too.....we've been testing this a lot and are still on the fence as to which spring is actually better.....but I am liking the carbine spring now.

Edited by TRUBL
1 hour ago, TRUBL said:

Our system comes with a 10% reduced recoil rifle spring.......is run in a carbine tube and the rifle spring does not go solid. IF YOU RUN OUR SYSTEM IN A RIFLE BUFFER TUBE YOU NEED TO ASK US FOR THE 2.625" SPACER!!!!!!!.....if you do not use the spacer in a rifle length buffer you will die (well maybe not, but you sure as hell could get hurt and ruin your weapon)

Additionally......you can use a carbine spring with our system and it works well too.....we've been testing this a lot and are still on the fence as to which spring is actually better.....but I am liking the carbine spring now.

Don’t worry, I’ve been using a spacer and am thus alive to write this.    

I am pretty sure that it would work, but the Guard dissipates the majority of it's energy into the rifle via the delayed bolt, there is far less energy being sent through the bolt.  That

means that there is a lot less energy for the super buffers to help dissipate.  

Uhmmmm....yeah.......you do not want to go there with the guard. I've been working with the guard and as I have nothing to report should tell you something. Let's just I'm heading off in a different direction on that project. As for the current TACCOM recoil system with the cushion.......this is designed for blow back, not delayed....you want to play with delayed blow back weights try out our ULW AR15 carbine buffer system.

Tim

On December 20, 2017 at 1:19 PM, TRUBL said:

I am that confident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between Tim's confidence and the level of testimony to this system I have ordered my own 2-stage buffer with the cushion configutation. I hope to be ringing in the New Year with it installed and will provide feedback to this thread.

Tim - on an unrelated note, will your mag funnels fit a CMMG MK 9?

24 minutes ago, Shorty4087 said:

Between Tim's confidence and the level of testimony to this system I have ordered my own 2-stage buffer with the cushion configutation. I hope to be ringing in the New Year with it installed and will provide feedback to this thread.

Tim - on an unrelated note, will your mag funnels fit a CMMG MK 9?

If you are talking the mil spec MK9 that takes the colt mags......you are in luck!! we have them.

Very nice!  I shot the “cushioned 3 stage buffer” with about 350 rounds today through two different ULW uppers using 135pf ammo. I started with sone function testing and sighting in, then practiced on Accelerator, Speed Option, and Smoke and Hope.  Smooth is a good word to describe the feeling of it, whereas it was a bit snappy before with more bounce. I previously thought that the sight bounce I was experiencing was coming from the forward impact of the bolt, and I think my experience today verified that impression.  This cushion substantially alleviates the issue.  No need for any more tuning in my opinion.  Nice work Tim and TACCOM!   

51 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

Very nice!  I shot the “cushioned 3 stage buffer” with about 350 rounds today through two different ULW uppers using 135pf ammo. I started with sone function testing and sighting in, then practiced on Accelerator, Speed Option, and Smoke and Hope.  Smooth is a good word to describe the feeling of it, whereas it was a bit snappy before with more bounce. I previously thought that the sight bounce I was experiencing was coming from the forward impact of the bolt, and I think my experience today verified that impression.  This cushion substantially alleviates the issue.  No need for any more tuning in my opinion.  Nice work Tim and TACCOM!   

Now you know why I was so confident......Normally, I'm the guy that develops the products here at TACCOM, so when one of my guys does it and this time it was Sam, a 24 year old shooter, it really makes me feel that we do infact have the right people here in place!! So on this item, I'm not promoting it cause I did it and trying to sell something......this is something that I tried and went.....HOLY $%#& this thing is great......I have to let people know!! 

Got an email this morning with a USPS tracking number, 2 day delivery.  Which means probably Tuesday or Wednesday with the Holiday.  Will be interesting to compare with my AR9 setup and Guard.  I'll be sure to report.  I would still like to shoot an MPX.  I'll have to check out my fellow PCC shooters at the next match I enter.  Someone in Las Vegas should be shooting one. :P

Mine was delivered by the PO today. Was able to install it and shoot a few rounds before having to head out for Holiday gatherings. It’s definitely an improvement but I think the noticeable difference will be when I’m able to tune a load for it as I was shooting my pistol loads. Hope to be able to play with it a bit more in the next couple of days. It’s definitely promising. 

On December 19, 2017 at 10:50 PM, TRUBL said:

It is night and day difference with the 3rd stage cushion........I'd even go out on a limb and say you are not going to find a smoother/softer shooting recoil system on the market today......guaranteed.

So it's just a drop in?  No need to adjust it?  I've been on the fence to mess with a PCC that has run so well for me by fixing something not broken.  If it's plug and play, I might have to be on board now with all the reference to smoothing out the cycle.

1 hour ago, Hammer002 said:

So it's just a drop in?  No need to adjust it?  I've been on the fence to mess with a PCC that has run so well for me by fixing something not broken.  If it's plug and play, I might have to be on board now with all the reference to smoothing out the cycle.

Me too!  

5 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

Yep. If you already own the TACCOM adjustable buffer, you simply remove the adjustment screw and replace it with the cushion that takes the the screw’s place. It literally takes a minute or two to do, and it’s only a $15 part. There’s no reason not to try it. Once in, the buffer is free to float between the forward and rear stops with the internal spring doing the adjustments at either end of the cycle.  I suppose there will be some folks who will want to mess with tbe internal spring and/or buffer spring... but I won’t be one of those folks...

Edited by jkrispies