Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips For Ar-15s

surfmaster

I would like to replace the factory Colt AR-15 grips on my 9mm rifle. I'm looking into Hogue because they feel good on my 1911 single stack and S&W revolvers. Does anyone have any experience with the Hogue AR-15 grips? How about other recommendations and experiences? Thanks in advance.

get the new Magpul MIAD grip. http://www.bizplaces.com/magpul/search_res...en=ALL&iLevel=1 it's totally modular so you can custom fit it to your hand. plus it has multiple inserts to hold everything from batteries to spare bolts to extra rounds in the grip.

i've had the pre-preduction version for awhile now and i love it. it's the only grip i've found that gets both my finger in the right position for the trigger and my thumb in the right position for the safety. it also eliminates the gap in the trigger guard.

Ive heard great things about the Magpul grip, but havent gotten a chance to try one yet. Ive used the Hogue b4 but wasn't happy w/ the trigger reach. I like grips w/ a longer reach for better trigger control. All of my current AR's wear FALCON INDUSTRIES ERGO GRIP. I like the sure grip ambi model. If i was using an AR for benchrest id get the one w/ the shelf but for 3 gun i like the plain one.

+1 as a hogue fan. I like the soft grippiness and the fact that they are very easily ambidextrous. If you like a longer reach to the trigger there are a couple of grip extenders available in Brownells. I added one recently and it made all the difference in the world for trigger control on longer shots.

Craig

I have an ERGO grip on my AR and love it!!!

It has soft rubber like the Houge, but I don't like how the houge gets so large towards the bottom. With the smaller base of the ERGO you can more easily keep your right elbow down without cranking on your wrist so much. Helps a lot for going through tight spaces. (this will also depend on how high your elbow is to begin with.)

have the hogue on my ar-10, have an ergogrip suregrip ambi on my ar-15. I like the ergogrip better by a wide margin, but I have large hands and long fingers, so the added length to the trigger is helpful.

I have one with the stock Colt grip, one with the Ergo Ambi, and one with the Sierra Precision.

The stock grip sucks but everyone already knows that.

The Ergo is better if you will be doing any left handed shooting but that is very rare for me.

I prefer the Sierra. I just like the way it fills my hand and my trigger finger falls just perfect on the trigger. The Ergo isn't quite fat enough and I often get too much finger on the trigger. I don't have large hands or long fingers but it just doesn't feel as good as the Sierra to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your comments and ideas.

I have looked in Brownells for a grip extender to get a longer trigger reach but I can't find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.