Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Single Stack

BigMoneyGrip

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I really don't have a budget, but the Stainless Range Officer seems like a good deal. I might shoot it in some local matches, but 99% will be for recreation. I'm doing a lot of the GSSF indoor matches now, shooting a 34 and a 17L.

The other is hot a friends Sig Sauer max in 9mm and I was very impressed. It cycled and spat everything

I fed it, and was silly accurate.

Also decent value for the money ,IMHO 

Edited by Ozy

On 11/6/2017 at 12:09 PM, BigMoneyGrip said:

I got the RO this past Friday, and I must say, it's a nice gun. What do you recommend for magazines? I'd like to have a few more  and would also like a pad on them.

Thanks!

Dawson Precision 10 round 9mm mags run flawlessly in mine and also a friend of mines RO. 

Are the 10 round mags longer than the stock 9 round mags? I'm gonna use the S&A magwell and wondering if I need a mag pad or not.
Thanks for the advise!
The 10 round mag bodies are the same as an 8 round 1911 mag body. So yes, slightly. I have the factory metalform pads on my gun and they stick out plenty past the factory magwell on my RIA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 10:30 PM, chuffysplace said:

I like the Dan Wesson point man.  A little pricey but comes with a lot of features.   

On 11/10/2017 at 10:14 PM, DVC502 said:

check out the Dan Wesson PM9 amazing Gun 

^^^This. The stock feature set of the PM9 is outstanding. Fit and finish is top notch. I have several thousand rounds through two PM9s and they are flawless. 

STI is discontinuing the Trojan and going all in on their DVC line. I never thought I'd see the day. 

On 11/25/2017 at 9:10 AM, BlueBulletBeaker said:

^^^This. The stock feature set of the PM9 is outstanding. Fit and finish is top notch. I have several thousand rounds through two PM9s and they are flawless. 

STI is discontinuing the Trojan and going all in on their DVC line. I never thought I'd see the day. 

I bet Springfield Armory loved the news of the Trojan being discontinued. I bet they will have a huge majority of the production 1911 market now with the Range Officer. 

I agree that the Dan Wesson line of 1911’s is top notch. But also about twice the cost of the Springfield. In either case both guns are more accurate than I can shoot them. 

A little late but i was jn the same position. I wanted a cheaper, low cost not low quality 9mm 1911. I ended up getting a STI Spartan. The thing is great, good trigger and for the cost you can't beat it. I've shot several thousand rounds with it and have had only a handful of malfunctions. Definitely recommend it!

Stupid me didn't read he already purchased a RO. Disregard my two cents.

Edited by CPD7119
OP already purchased a gun

On 11/25/2017 at 10:10 AM, BlueBulletBeaker said:

How old are your PM9 pistols? I purchased one a few months ago for steel challenge and it has been nothing but trouble. I have an STI Spartan 9mm and it runs like a top. My PM9 has gone back to Dan Wesson (the slide was hanging on the disconnector). I have 10 round Wilson mags that I use for both pistols. My STI also seems far more accurate than the DW. What mods did you make (if any)?

Edited by trackbird

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 8:58 PM, trackbird said:

How old are your PM9 pistols? I purchased one a few months ago for steel challenge and it has been nothing but trouble. I have an STI Spartan 9mm and it runs like a top. My PM9 has gone back to Dan Wesson (the slide was hanging on the disconnector). I have 10 round Wilson mags that I use for both pistols. My STI also seems far more accurate than the DW. What mods did you make (if any)?

Sorry for the late reply. I have one PM9 from 2015 and one from 2017. Both have about 5000+ rounds on them with no issues. I run the Gen 2 Wilson ETM mags with metal followers. I replaced the stock trigger bow with an STI trigger, as the STI is significantly lighter. This allowed me to reduce the center leaf spring to lighten the trigger while maintaining a positive reset. Dawson front Sight, Wolff 17# mainspring, Wolff 9# recoil spring, and a Techwell XT magwell. Other than that, they are stock and run great. Sorry to hear yours are giving you trouble. 

It is true, verified from STI. The whole story isn't out yet (I'd assume around SHOT) but I believe they are going to focus on a very limited line of 1911's, probably competition focused model or models, then keep pumping out 2011's.  I believe the DVC classic is staying for now. 

One of the rumors I heard it that on 1911's they were going to go full custom, this was just a dealer rumor who admittedly didn't have the full story. 

There are and have been some amazing deals on STI 1911's as dealers are unloading inventory and not committed to their dealer pricing commitment. 

There's always the Sig Match Elite. Kind of a middle of the road between the "value" type guns and the 4-digit plus ones. That being said, I bought a Tisas in 9mm as a tinker gun and with a little at home gunsmithing, it's not too bad as a beater.