Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

coated bullets

jkrueger

Question for those experienced with loading these, the best prices for projectiles seem to be from either Blue bullets or leatherhead bullets which along with good reviews is why I am primarily looking at loading those brands. Only Blue bullets has a 135 grain offering, is there a big difference in felt recoil from 125 to 135? is this just a personal preference? Should I just grab some trial packs and start experimenting?

Loading these for a G17 currently and i am shopping around for some variety of CZ if i want to start competing if that matters.

Thanks

Very little difference with same powder.  Even going up to 147 from 125 is marginal.  Start mixing slow and fast powders to notice more recoil difference.  

i buy from Blue Bullets.  Have never tried Leatherheads.  S&S is local to me and deliver to matches so I buy from them also.

Bayou Bullets also has 135g. I settled on them after testing different loads from 115-147. It is subjective in the end as to which combination feels best for you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by phoenixsomd

6 hours ago, phoenixsomd said:

Bayou Bullets also has 135g. I settled on them after testing different loads from 115-147. It is subjective in the end as to which combination feels best for you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

+1

The 135g RN from Bayou are superbly accurate and well coated.

1 hour ago, NicVerAZ said:

+1

The 135g RN from Bayou are superbly accurate and well coated.

Found the best batch to batch consistency with Bayou.

Honestly never had a problem with Blue, Black or Sns bullets just not as consistent but they shot fine

Yeah, it's personal preference. Bayous 135g run great in my X-Cal. YMMV

All of these retailers have tryout bags of 100 rounds, AFAIK.

135g is best of both world. I think 147g is too sluggish and as far as reducing "felt recoil"... *eyes rolling* Plus it tends to ding heavy poppers without felling them.

Edited by NicVerAZ

All of them are good, get a sample bag of a few and test. For me I found the Blue 135tc felt just right, and was more accurate in my gun then 147 blues and bayous, and for some dumb reason run smoother in the reloading press.

Buy the sample bags and play.  Doubt there will be a "noticeable " difference in felt recoil though.  Just find the most accurate for your gun.  I would suggest slugging your barrel and measuring the samples before loading .  That will give you a little more info and direction as some of the companies say .355 but are actually .356 and that may in your gun make a big difference in accuracy and reliability. 

Edited by StuckinMS

Also shooting ACME - tried BBI they ran OK but I did have some flaking issues with 40 and 45's (perhaps I didn't bell enough, but didn't have issue with ACME's), and didn't really care for the 135gr 9mm profile... so I went back to ACME - just placed an 7K round order of 9/10/45 in fact.  Looked at Blue Bullets also as well as SNS, MG, and Bayou, all probably are good but I've had good experience with ACME so just stuck with them. Shipped in wood boxes vs cardboard is nice too, and BE discount code helps also.

Edited by 78Staff