Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Squadding

TriggerT

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USPSA used a mailing service which printed and mailed the letters. This service states they use multiple mailing centers, but don't say how many. If you have your letter, could you post the zip code or origination (it's on the mailing permit where the stamp would go). No need to post is someone has already posted the zip code on yours. I'm trying to get an idea of the number and location of the mailing points.

Ours made it to Columbus, Ohio today (Monday).  I already had mine from my Front Sight, but my better half is an associate member and doesn't get a FS.  So...we had to wait while others were already squadding.  :(

F**k!

We're in the same boat and because we couldn't squad ourselves together until my wife's PIN arrives (hopefully today?) and USPSA (understandably) wouldn't give us the number over the phone, now we can't get into the squad we wanted because it's full.

Sonofab*tch... :angry:

-Chet

Here's what would have prevented the problem that my wife and I are encountering with the Nationals self-squadding system: Use one number for the household. So if I look on our copy of Front Sight and find the seven-digit number, make that also the number for the household's associate members.

Problem solved.

Maybe next year... <_<

-Chet

Um - I guess you guys didn't know that you could change your pin to a personal password? We didn't have to wait for anything, cause I knew what our password was :)

You may want to set up your password as soon as you get that next front sight so you won't have to go through the wait again.

Jenny doesn't even know she has a password. And, why should she...this is the first time she would ever need it. And, being an associate memeber...she doesn't get a Front Sight. I see that at least one of my junior shooters is in the same boat.

It would have been great for USPSA to have waited another week to open the squading..giving time for the mailings to get out.

I had planned for a while to shoot with Bryant Chaffin. But, I couldn't very well squad myself and not Jenny.

Oh well.

I don't want to rain on the "hate parade" :)... I will say, though, I've been to three "big" matches in the past, and was only ever squaded once with a person I knew before the match. It was a great opportunity to meet new folks, and I suspect I had just as good a time as I would have in a squad of all my buds from back home.

So, while the execution on this new squadding method this year wasn't perfect, look at it as a chance to make new friends :)

USPSA used a mailing service which printed and mailed the letters.  This service states they use multiple mailing centers, but don't say how many.  If you have your letter, could you post the zip code or origination (it's on the mailing permit where the stamp would go).  No need to post is someone has already posted the zip code on yours.  I'm trying to get an idea of the number and location of the mailing points.

Austin, Texas arrived yesterday (28 June 2005) from originating zip code 60172.

-Chet

Limited/Prod/Revolver has a squad with 16 available, and Open/L10 has a squad with 15 available. Kim, Dave and I are monitoring this closely (at least several times a day), and will open up the held squads when necessary. If you have a group larger than an open block, please let us know.

This cautious approach to opening up these squads is needed to preserve the maxmium number of "blocks" that groups can use. We don't wand to end up with two squads with 5 openings each and one group of 7 which wants to register together.

Rob

San Angelo Texas (76905 here, mailed from 60172). I'm very glad the helpful and dedicated USPSA employees (thank you!) were allowed to help me when I called (got my call in before the "service" was ordered out of "customer service") B)

Shooting with different people is great fun. Trying to coordinate car (and golf-cart) pools due to someone else's P6 difficulties...not fun. <_<

Alex

Dissatisfied? No. Online squading is (IMO) one heck of a neat idea. Unimpressed? Yep. This was implimented poorly, to say the least.

Amazed that someone nominally in a position of power in a customer service department would order....no...customer service? Yep.

Further amazed that someone would attempt to defend a pre-planned lack of customer service? Yep.

Now if Liota can not break her ankle this year during the post-registration pre-match walk-through...this should be fun. Squad 1 seems to have a preponderance of A-Open shooters...hopefully there will be some in-squad racin' ;)

Alex

Hey Alex,

Hoping to get some good shooting tips from all of you other "A" shooters in squad 1. Remind me to not reload after firing ten shots :huh: . Looking forward to meeting you guys on squad 1 :mellow:

Aloha,

Barry

Hey, Brah! Just shoot da kine way...

:P

Now, more tips would be forthcoming if sufficiently motivated with chocolate covered macadamia nuts :D

Or is that "...will trade BBQ for macadamia candy..." :)

A