Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Squadding

TriggerT

Alex,

hmmmmm.... bbq for chocolate mac nuts....shoot, sounds good, gotta bring a coola or going melt in the 94 degree heat :o

sounds like you guys been here before and learned to speak pidgin :lol: should be interesting.

barry

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep the thread drift going (and going, and going)...I used to be stationed in Hawaii. In keeping with the oddity that is my life, I was assigned to a Air Force base, lived on an Army base, and worked on a Navy base :P

And to fill in the gaps my working career that BGary missed in his "Texas to Turkey" remark: A guy from Minnesota who went to school in Colorado, moved to the UK, spent too much time in Saudi, went back to the UK, moved to Germany, worked in Denmark (a lot) and Belgium (a little), then went back to school in Texas, then moved to Japan, went to Turkey, then back to Japan, then to Hawaii, worked in Italy (and (former) Yugoslavia) for a bit, back to Hawaii, then to Texas, zipped to Kuwait (twice), back to Texas, and now plans to move to Turkey (again)...

:wacko:

No wonder Stately Wakal Manor is decorated in a eclectic fashion strongly reminiscent of the Addam's Family...

Alex

Well, either way I'm showing up...as a spectator or a compeititor.  Just talking about it makes me want to slam my head in my car door.  I'm so dumb.

Retard out

Phil, I am on the limited wait list too. When will USPSA notify us to let us no if we are going to get a slot or not? Also, will USPSA be taking walk on's to take the place of registered competitors that don't show up?

Thanks, Doug

Here's an oddball question:  Is Dave Sevigny hiding in privacy, or is he not shooting production?  There is one masked competitor on the Production Super Squad......

Just to let you know, Sevigny is shooting Production, and then L10. I talked with him via email a few days ago and he is shooting, even though I dont see his name, but I know he wouldnt miss it.

Kathy,

I am honored to be selected for the Super Squad and I would be highly disappointed if I was removed. It is a great opportunity to see some of the best women shooters in the country and learn from them.

I was wondering about Athena and Doni and Julie too! Do you know what's up with them?

Sharyn - of course it's an honor and "making" it to the Super Squad has been my number one goal since I went to my first nationals way back in 1998. Normally, lesser known lady shooters, such as myself, don't get included unless we win an Area Match. I'd sure like to know what criteria they used to make their selections this year cause the only Area match I shot was 6 and I sure as hell didn't win it :)

I was wondering about Athena and Doni and Julie too! Do you know what's up with them?

Sharyn - of course it's an honor and "making" it to the Super Squad has been my number one goal since I went to my first nationals way back in 1998. Normally, lesser known lady shooters, such as myself, don't get included unless we win an Area Match. I'd sure like to know what criteria they used to make their selections this year cause the only Area match I shot was 6 and I sure as hell didn't win it :)

From what I've heard... Doni is shooting with her hubby (we'll miss you, Doni). Megan is shooting with her new fiance. (Congrats! Megan). JG is shooting with us for Open/L10 but earned a slot for the PRODUCTION Super Squad for the L/P/R match! :D Athena's on the wait list hoping for no shows. :o

I thought Athena was on the US team for the World Shoot, if so they should bend the rules and let her shoot the match. Same applies to anyone else on the US Team that failed to get a slot.

If you feel strongly about it, give her your slot????

There should be no need for anyone to give up their slot for Athena, all the squads for the Open Nationals have 18 shooters, the ladies Super Squad contains just 15 and is marked as full.

So there is room for another 3 shooters in that squad without causing any problems with too many people per squad.

This is the US Nationals, the last major match before the World Shoot. I don't usually endorse favouritism but USPSA should ensure that those on the team get to shoot this match.

Actually, Phil and I are going to be squadded together in a special squad........it's gonna be called the Super Brain Fart Squad.....better not get close coz it's really contagious....

But seriously, we're waiting.....and waiting....and waiting.....and crossing our fingers and waiting.....

There should be no need for anyone to give up their slot for Athena, all the squads for the Open Nationals have 18 shooters, the ladies Super Squad contains just 15 and is marked as full.

So there is room for another 3 shooters in that squad without causing any problems with too many people per squad.

This is the US Nationals, the last major match before the World Shoot. I don't usually endorse favouritism but USPSA should ensure that those on the team get to shoot this match.

It is worth noting that all of the people marked as "unsquadded" on the matrix must be assigned a slot by HQ. The supersquads with fewer than 18 competitors were marked as "full" so that HQ, rather than first-come, first serve, would make the determination who was placed in these slots.

It is simply not accurate to assume that the 3 remaining openings on that particular squad means that there is room to add this number of additional shooters to the match.

Rob,

I won't labor the point, but if you check the online squadding you will see that all shooters are now squadded and there are 15 shooters on the Ladies Open squad and about 18 on all the others...

Three vacancies, just like I said... :P

ps. I appreciate all the good work you did with that squadding system :)