Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

Any specifics on this magwell? Part# website etc?
Thanks

Unfortunately not, I just saw a photo of one and know that it exists.

Send him an email, he’s pretty good at replying unless he’s away at a match somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, Steve133 said:

Mine seems to have come with a Shadow 2 magazine release (with the enlarged button - anodized in orange, natch) and safety (extended left-side lever and flat right-side lever). The trigger shoe is also aluminum instead of the previous plastic version.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:06 AM, Riley said:

I also just picked up a new TSO in 40. Same setup as Steve133 as far as checkering, mag release and trigger goes.

Can either of you post some pics? I just picked up one about a week ago and it doesn't have this stuff. Wondering where to at least get the mag release.

Edited by telligentgunner

7 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

Can either of you post some pics? I just picked up one about a week ago and it doesn't have this stuff. Wondering where to at least get the mag release.

I actually tried to post some earlier, but I got bitten by the attachment size limit and didn't want to bother trying to host the image somewhere else I could link it from. I can actually try to put forth some modicum of effort once I get home, though.

As for the magazine release, as far I can tell, it's just the standard Shadow 2 unit. You can buy them direct from CZ-USA's web store or from CZ Custom off the top of my head - probably few other places as well. Ditto for the aluminum trigger shoe.

Edited by Steve133

1 hour ago, Steve133 said:

As for the magazine release, as far I can tell, it's just the standard Shadow 2 unit. You can buy them direct from CZ-USA's web store or from CZ Custom off the top of my head - probably few other places as well. Ditto for the aluminum trigger shoe.

I don't think it's a standard Shadow 2 release. I've seen posts on here that say it doesn't fit in the TSO and I can't find them on those web sites.

23 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

I don't think it's a standard Shadow 2 release. I've seen posts on here that say it doesn't fit in the TSO and I can't find them on those web sites.

Don't know what to tell you, dude. Like I said, that's only as far as I can tell. I don't own a Shadow 2, so it's not like I can just pop the magazine release out and compare it to a sample of one. I do know that the TS and TSO can interchange more parts with the Shadow 2 than with a lot of the other CZ variants, so I was thinking that the magazine release might have been included in that, but in retrospect it's probably not likely, since I think the main issue with mag releases was the width of the magazine instead of the width of the frame....

Just trying to help. I'll leave you to it.

I will try and check by the weekend. It seems the mag releases are the same between the Shadow 2 and TSO, they look like it. As far as actual fit, the only thing I could think of is that the TSO version needs to be longer. 

2 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

It is the S2 design, however not the same part.  Shadow 2 frame is narrower than TSO, TSO mags won't fit in the S2 mag release....I tried :)

Here's a pic of the new TSO from the CZC website

91260_tso_orange__dsc8568.jpg.5d90755f1f068ec30bdfae295402d468.jpg

1 hour ago, telligentgunner said:

The quest now is to find out where to get that new mag release.

They are in stock at CZC.  You'll get a TSO along with the new mag release ?

If you aren't the waiting kind, a fella over on the CZ website drilled and tapped the previous design TS/TSO mag release for the S2 insert.

47 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

They are in stock at CZC.  You'll get a TSO along with the new mag release ?

If you aren't the waiting kind, a fella over on the CZ website drilled and tapped the previous design TS/TSO mag release for the S2 insert.

I guess I wasn't clear so let me clarify.  I'm not looking for a TSO. I already have one so I don't need any PMs telling me where to get one. I want the mag release only for the TSO I already have.

30 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

I guess I wasn't clear so let me clarify.  I'm not looking for a TSO. I already have one so I don't need any PMs telling me where to get one. I want the mag release only for the TSO I already have.

Oh I knew what you were wanting, just funning with you, while at the same time providing a viable alternate (tap your existing MR for the S2 one) to what you're wanting.  Now don't go yelling at us about PMs, that was a different (necro BTW) thread on mag releases that you resurrected today.

Now in all seriousness, with the TSO shipping with the new mag releases, I suspect it will be some time before the parts department start shipping spares.  Perhaps post a WTB thread in the FS forum to see if any new TSO buyer prefers the older mag release.  I haven't seen any pics of TSOs shipping with a black mag release paddle.  If you want one, they can be ordered from CZ-USA for $30 ($5 cheaper than ordering the  entire assembly) . 

Oh, and welcome to the forum!  Lots of great guys and knowledge here, hope you stick around and get to know some of the folks.

49 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Oh, and welcome to the forum!  Lots of great guys and knowledge here, hope you stick around and get to know some of the folks.

I plan on shooting for a long time. This is a great resource so I don't plan on going anywhere.

21 minutes ago, Riley said:

The Shadow 2 release measures approximately 1.21 and the TSO 1.30 long including the attached button. Otherwise they appear the same to me. 

The  Shadow 2 mag release is too narrow for a TS mag to be inserted inside the 'U" of the mag release. I have personally installed the S2 mag release and learned this first hand.  The S2 mag release fits inside the larger TS frame, however the TS mag doesn't come close to fully seating. 

IMG_0102A.thumb.jpg.56ec668f233352abd8736b3c34782462.jpgIMG_0110A.thumb.jpg.f1efb77539f7566cbcc4152d3d8fdafe.jpg

OTOH, standard CZ75 mags insert and lock in place just fine, although the mag well is too large for this to be done in a competition setting.

Edited by muncie21

2 hours ago, muncie21 said:

The  Shadow 2 mag release is too narrow for a TS mag to be inserted inside the 'U" of the mag release. I have personally installed the S2 mag release and learned this first hand.  The S2 mag release fits inside the larger TS frame, however the TS mag doesn't come close to fully seating.

That settles it then.

Anyone know the best way to cut down the thumb rest screws so they can be used with the other less-thick thumb rests from CZ-USA?

20 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

That settles it then.

Anyone know the best way to cut down the thumb rest screws so they can be used with the other less-thick thumb rests from CZ-USA?

I just use my grinder and then chase the threads using my M4 x .7 mm die to clean it up. I have plenty of those M4 screws from my RC trucks spare parts.

Just so there's no misunderstandings, the new TSO has the S2 'style' mag release installed at the factory.  However it is not the Shadow 2 mag release.  If you aren't comfortable drilling/tapping the mag release to add the S2 pad, wait a bit and these will be available as drop in replacement parts.

Just so there's no misunderstandings, the new TSO has the S2 'style' mag release installed at the factory.  However it is not the Shadow 2 mag release.  If you aren't comfortable drilling/tapping the mag release to add the S2 pad, wait a bit and these will be available as drop in replacement parts.
Probably gonna do that. OTOH, since I need some parts from CZ-USA, might add a mag catch and drill on that one in case I mess it up. This alone would probably ensure success, lol

Simple question.

would anyone be able to tell me the center to center distance between the two holes for mounting the THUMBREST TS ORANGE ANGLE 3?

I want to see if it can be used in a different application where spacing is critical.

thanks in advance!

Simple question.

would anyone be able to tell me the center to center distance between the two holes for mounting the THUMBREST TS ORANGE ANGLE 3?

I want to see if it can be used in a different application where spacing is critical.

thanks in advance!
It only uses two holes. Based off the diagram I would say .575 in. But that's only if it uses two holes closest to each other. 31f123c7377e7b33989a764fca82f40a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, CzViper said:

It only uses two holes. Based off the diagram I would say .575 in. But that's only if it uses two holes closest to each other. 31f123c7377e7b33989a764fca82f40a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct. See linked image. Thanks for the prompt, clear and definitive answer. Greatly appreciated!

10911352.png

Edited by Paul49

Finally got around to doing installing the shadow 2 mag release pad on my TSO and blending the magwell after procrastinating for a long time. I cut off about 3mm from stock TSO mag release, drilled and tapped for an M3 x .5mm screw.

I installed a 2mm roll pin so I can change the position of the pad just like the shadow 2. I also crimped the mag release release spring a little bit so the pad is softer to press in ejecting a mag. Works just like my shadow 2 now.

6485666-F-4693-40-B3-9-B99-6329005-B19-D

F8-F664-A2-E887-4-B50-BB9-C-17-B834-D150

E0-CE5-D26-7360-4-FB6-92-A7-E2-CD6-EBA10

my cat checking it out too. Also installed a Trijicon dual illuminated RMR and removed the slide ride to trim some weight.

629-C8079-5-D88-45-CE-B27-B-F75452823010

Blended the magwell using a tungsten carbide cutter on my dremel followed by 180, 240, 320 and 600 grit sanding drum. Then polished it with mother’s mag polish.

4-CD975-F5-7-E17-4694-855-F-E6-EB74-DBCE

DB406-F26-043-B-4745-BBF0-C44-F66558-F67