Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

I believe that the web site states that the curved trigger is approved for production, not the straight trigger.  read:

Shoot with a straight face (which is not USPSA legal), or go with the curved-face design which is USPSA legal.

Edited by racerba

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was that said or asked?  Because what I had heard recently was that as long as the profile/shoe was the same, it was legal.  Because the trigger controls internal components. 

Even back when the X5 was approved for PROD, Troy had said something to that effect: (see link)

http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5408-dnroi-thinks-were-too-stupid-to-read-the-rulebook/#entry167388

While the trigger controls the internal, the trigger itself is not internal...

No where in there includes the trigger:
"21.5
Exchange of minor INTERNAL components (strikers, sears, springs, connectors/disconnectors, and other wholly-internal parts)
INTERNAL parts: This clause is NOW interpreted to mean that a broad range of INTERNAL parts may be modified or replaced – either with OFM or aftermarket parts.
Special Notes/Clarifications:
• Strikers, sears, springs, connectors/disconnectors, and any other part which is NOT visible when the gun is in battery is considered an INTERNAL part and may be modified or replaced unless otherwise prohibited in these provisions (see section 22 for specific prohibitions)."

Edited by racerba

36 minutes ago, Medicaptain said:

Ok...so I'm am now kinda confused....I just bought a brand new X5 from my LGS...WITH a straight trigger....and I have to switch it to the curved trigger to shoot USPSA Production and/or CO?.......well that sux

Your gun comes from the factory with a Sig factory flat trigger, so its legal.

If you ordered a Sig factory flat trigger from Sig and installed it another Sig P320 it would be legal as well. 

What's in question...  (before all the "same profile" mumbo jumbo interpretation that has been coming out about Production hammer shapes, etc)...  is this - is the GG flat trigger the same part that Sig uses in factory X-Fives?  

15 minutes ago, sfinney said:

Your gun comes from the factory with a Sig factory flat trigger, so its legal.

If you ordered a Sig factory flat trigger from Sig and installed it another Sig P320 it would be legal as well. 

What's in question...  (before all the "same profile" mumbo jumbo interpretation that has been coming out about Production hammer shapes, etc)...  is this - is the GG flat trigger the same part that Sig uses in factory X-Fives?  

Thank you sir......

1 hour ago, Gviz said:

Are we talking about the sig P320 XFIVE? With GG competition job with flat trigger? Thanks in advance...

The factory Sig XFive has a Sig made trigger, which is flat. It does not have a GG competition job from the factory... or a GG trigger (which is similar to the Sig flat one). Or so I’m told?

10 minutes ago, sfinney said:

The factory Sig XFive has a Sig made trigger, which is flat. It does not have a GG competition job from the factory... or a GG trigger (which is similar to the Sig flat one). Or so I’m told?

I have a sig p320 xfive and I sent it to gg for .the competition trigger job and they replaced the trigger with gg trigger. So im reading what members posted on this thread. So, I’m understanding now is My pistol is now an open pistol and not carry optics legal pistol since the said trigger is not legal? Wow ? this is not good.... 

Edited by Gviz

Did you miss the part where I said I could not find it, but that is where the argument is arising from? 

No need to get all passive aggressive snarky. 
You can't find it because it doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, Tonka said:

The P320 X5 is legal in production you just have to take off the factory mag well.  

Yes.

Unless you put an aftermarket trigger in it. Or someone puts a rule in writing saying you can change any external part you want on your Production gun as long as it looks sorta like the factory part.