Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

6 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

The wait is almost over. Got a call from Casey Tuesday said they were cutting a ruff draft of my engraving on a aluminum grip for approval and to make sure it was good. Emailed pics of test grip Wednesday and looked awesome even though it was unfinished just a test cut. Best part of call is I am about 2-3 weeks out. 6-8 hours to cut the grip and do engraving and it was off to heat treat Wednesday. The end is finally near. Can’t wait to see finished product. Casey said also the duo tone will take a bit more time so that’s where the 2-3 weeks came in. Looks like a belated Christmas present for me ? 

Sweet, man. Glad to hear it.  I’m right around 20 months for my 2nd.  18-24 months wait times?  SVI should close their books and catch up some. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

Sweet, man. Glad to hear it.  I’m right around 20 months for my 2nd.  18-24 months wait times?  SVI should close their books and catch up some. 

Casey was cool. He explained why they got behind to me and I didn’t even ask so that was cool to do. But seeing work done I know it’s getting close. Hopefully I can post pics I haven’t had any success posting on here though. Maybe another member can help me out later. 

1 hour ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Casey was cool. He explained why they got behind to me and I didn’t even ask so that was cool to do. But seeing work done I know it’s getting close. Hopefully I can post pics I haven’t had any success posting on here though. Maybe another member can help me out later. 

When the time comes, I’ll help you out.  

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Well, they don't work on the weekends anymore and they have a new addition to the family.  That has to slow things down a bit, but it may increase their quality at the same time.

No, I totally get it.  But whilst running a business, stuff happens.  I’d rather under promise and over deliver than the other way around.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got another call from Casey. Slide cuts done Wednesday and he said it’s headed to coating. It’s gonna take a little time since I am going with duotone finish. He said maybe next week. Reguardless it’s really close now. I am thinking first week of January but Casey said maybe next week. Wow it’s finally happening. Can’t wait. 

1 hour ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Got another call from Casey. Slide cuts done Wednesday and he said it’s headed to coating. It’s gonna take a little time since I am going with duotone finish. He said maybe next week. Reguardless it’s really close now. I am thinking first week of January but Casey said maybe next week. Wow it’s finally happening. Can’t wait. 

Duotone is done in-house, so it shouldn't take too long.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Well friends of the forum the day has finally come. Got the call from Sv today it’s finished. Holly shit. Can’t wait. Hope it ships today. Waiting for email with tracking info. ? 

And just like that.....you have nothing to look forward to:P

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

And just like that.....you have nothing to look forward to:P

Haven’t gotten it yet. Still looking forward to it ? haven’t received any shipping info so I don’t know if it’s shipping today. Trace you’ve delt with them dies it usually ship the same day you get the call?

Awesome looking!!  Can you detail the information what cuts/finish that is on the slide and receiver?  That's the exact set-up I'm debating on.  When time permits, can you weigh the pistol, and then get a weight on the slide?

Congrats again, the build follow along process was fun and informative to watch.

20 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Awesome looking!!  Can you detail the information what cuts/finish that is on the slide and receiver?  That's the exact set-up I'm debating on.  When time permits, can you weigh the pistol, and then get a weight on the slide?

Congrats again, the build follow along process was fun and informative to watch.

Mike will do. Will have all info posted by tomorrow.