Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

1 minute ago, MissionaryMike said:

It seems this whole experience has been very taxing for you.  

Shot another 350 rounds through mine today.  I’ve been enjoying it so far.  Hope you get yours very soon, man.  

Lol. Thanks Mike. Nah mostly having fun with it especially on this thread. It’s been going since last year gotta keep it up to date lol. Also I like breaking Roy’s balls about it. I know it’s gonna be awesome. Hopefully I’ll have some pics up soon. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Lol. Thanks Mike. Nah mostly having fun with it especially on this thread. It’s been going since last year gotta keep it up to date lol. Also I like breaking Roy’s balls about it. I know it’s gonna be awesome. Hopefully I’ll have some pics up soon. 

You know what, Bobby?  I, as well as some others who have been frequenting this thread, might be just as excited for you to receive your pistol as you are.  ?

If Brent called you last week, I suppose it’s probable you receive yours before I receive mine.

You know what, Bobby?  I, as well as some others who have been frequenting this thread, might be just as excited for you to receive your pistol as you are.  ?

If Brent called you last week, I suppose it’s probable you receive yours before I receive mine.

What’s the second one gonna be?

The same — a 5.4” Limited gun.  Just a different look.  Luckily, the grip hadn’t been millled out on this one when I was notified of the shipment of the other.  So, I changed the grip texture to the new 187 style.  Will give that a go and see how I like it. 

The same — a 5.4” Limited gun.  Just a different look.  Luckily, the grip hadn’t been millled out on this one when I was notified of the shipment of the other.  So, I changed the grip texture to the new 187 style.  Will give that a go and see how I like it. 

Awesome

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, hjweiss said:

Finally received mine.  880 rounds through it so far and I'm delighted with it. This one has the CrN (Chromium Nitride) finish, which I really like.

SVI-1.thumb.JPG.caa92f8ce61ae5161811bedbc132b0cd.JPG

What was your wait time. Looks great. Turkey ? day was 16 months for me. Hopefully soon. 

13 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

What was your wait time. Looks great. Turkey ? day was 16 months for me. Hopefully soon. 

Total wait time was  17 months, 13 days.  There were, however, some unusual technical issues that resulted in delays.  The guys at SV were great about it and took care of me.   No complaints.   And...as others have said before,  it's well worth the wait!  

Just asking but does anybody get their Sv within the 12-15 month build time. Everybody I’ve talked with either on this thread or outside of it has gotten theirs in that 17-19 month range and even longer. Some member said they told him 18-24 month build time but he said they haven’t changed it on their website and he was gonna call about it. Haven’t heard from him in a awhile so I don’t know what happened with him. But anyways I am getting their slowly but surely. 

17 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Damn mike. Did you order 2 d one at the same time 

Yes, but I'll probably end up selling that one as a catch and release.  Maybe the one I have right now too.  I'm sort of more interested in Single Stack lately, instead of Limited.  Also, I got a couple of talented kids that are draining my wallet with all their expensive training.  But that's life as a dad.

59 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

Yes, but I'll probably end up selling that one as a catch and release.  Maybe the one I have right now too.  I'm sort of more interested in Single Stack lately, instead of Limited.  Also, I got a couple of talented kids that are draining my wallet with all their expensive training.  But that's life as a dad.

Edited by Dirtchevy841

59 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

I hear ya. I would’ve thought they would be finished together. Crazy how the build time is so different. Hopefully soon for me but since the last call I got I am not really bothered with it anymore. It is what it is. 

• 3 weeks later...

The wait is almost over. Got a call from Casey Tuesday said they were cutting a ruff draft of my engraving on a aluminum grip for approval and to make sure it was good. Emailed pics of test grip Wednesday and looked awesome even though it was unfinished just a test cut. Best part of call is I am about 2-3 weeks out. 6-8 hours to cut the grip and do engraving and it was off to heat treat Wednesday. The end is finally near. Can’t wait to see finished product. Casey said also the duo tone will take a bit more time so that’s where the 2-3 weeks came in. Looks like a belated Christmas present for me ?