Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting online reaction test

johnbu

https://www.justpark.com/creative/reaction-time-test/

I've been working and working on dry fire draw speed and the 1.00s barrier is impenetrable. 1.2s are when everything is cooking and the occasional 1.1s when I probably jumped the buzzer. The draw action seems quick, yet the times lag. Then I was sent a link to a program that guesses age based on how quick you react to a STOP sign popping up. :( Actually, my reflex time is 15-20years under chronological age, but still that's .480s hovering a finger 1/2" above the touch screen.

No wonder I can't get an aimed shot off from the holster in under a second when I'm just standing there for half the time!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes! Now I know why you guys are holstering up and walking away while I'm just clearing leather! You just ain't human! ....and I'm glacially slow. Lol.

Just redid it... .546. :( I'm slowing down!

Edited by johnbu

My internet connection is dismal. Its all choppy. I keep getting 65-80 year old reaction times. I'm only 39. Although it is 5:30 am and I'm only through 1/2 of my coffee. Who knows, I'll try later and see how it goes. I can do sub 1.0 sec draws consistently.

I don't know about you guys, but my auditory reaction time is a tenth faster than visual. .23 to .33

The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.

I had to look it up.

So jake is slower than average? Sure doesn't seem like that from seeing him shoot. Maybe they are old videos. lol.

:roflol:

I don't know about you guys, but my auditory reaction time is a tenth faster than visual. .23 to .33

The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.

I had to look it up.

So jake is slower than average? Sure doesn't seem like that from seeing him shoot. Maybe they are old videos. lol.

:roflol:

I guess that says a lot about how much reaction speed matters in USPSA.

I'm slower than average and can still hit sub .7 draws without much difficulty.

Edited by Jake Di Vita