Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting online reaction test

johnbu

It shows me over 20 years younger. That makes my day.

I wonder if reaction time to a sound like a shot timer has anything to do with reaction to a visual signal or stimuli ....in other words, is there any correlation.

For example, I wonder if lots of time practicing reacting to a timer helps with my reaction time to a visual signal, too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My internet connection is dismal. Its all choppy. I keep getting 65-80 year old reaction times. I'm only 39. Although it is 5:30 am and I'm only through 1/2 of my coffee. Who knows, I'll try later and see how it goes. I can do sub 1.0 sec draws consistently.

I think connection speed has a lot to do with this. I can draw in the .70s at will and am getting 77 years old on this test. My connection at home is terrible.

It shows me over 20 years younger. That makes my day.

I wonder if reaction time to a sound like a shot timer has anything to do with reaction to a visual signal or stimuli ....in other words, is there any correlation.

For example, I wonder if lots of time practicing reacting to a timer helps with my reaction time to a visual signal, too.

Not sure if it would help reaction to auditory stimulus. Different parts of the brain. But light does travel about 1 million times faster than sound I think we should have a strobe flash that goes off went the start button is pushed. Just kidding.

My internet connection is dismal. Its all choppy. I keep getting 65-80 year old reaction times. I'm only 39. Although it is 5:30 am and I'm only through 1/2 of my coffee. Who knows, I'll try later and see how it goes. I can do sub 1.0 sec draws consistently.

I think connection speed has a lot to do with this. I can draw in the .70s at will and am getting 77 years old on this test. My connection at home is terrible.

You're right. I tried it again at work on a computer that's faster and with a faster internet connection. I'm 49 and was getting 25 year old times at home. At work I'm getting sub human times, or the "We're not sure you're human" times. Edited by grapemeister

You're right. I tried it again at work on a computer that's faster and with a faster internet connection. I'm 49 and was getting 25 year old times at home. At work I'm getting sub human times, or the "We're not sure you're human" times.

Yup. Last night at home I was 77. Today at work I am 22.

Agree on the internet speed - I live in an apartment where it's furnished and I'm about 30 years faster at times of less use by tenants.

Gained 37 years @ 3:30 AM today.

Edited by Steve RA

I am 67 but, have the reaction time of someone younger . . . like 62 :blush:

I have noticed, especially over the last two years, that I have REALLY slowed down. I still have a 9/10 second dry fire draw but, I am very slow working through a match stage. Getting old SUCKS!

As I'm sitting here switching back and forth from dry firing, playing Zuma on the computer, looking at the Enos forums, and watching the news, it dawned on me that you're a bunch of sick individuals. But, I'm proud to be one of you.

Anyhow, I find that I'm faster if I react to the first sign of red and kind of in my peripheral, rather than seeing the whole stop sign. Kind of like how we react to the shot timer....reacting to the B in the beep, instead of waiting for the whole beep.

Guys.. keep in mind while reaction time is great it is only one part of the equation... deliberate efficient movement can make a HUGE difference...

Remember the old mantra..

"Slow is smooth.....Smooth is fast..."

Also averaged 23 years old on the timer at 60 on the planet :)

As I'm sitting here switching back and forth from dry firing, playing Zuma on the computer, looking at the Enos forums, and watching the news, it dawned on me that you're a bunch of sick individuals. But, I'm proud to be one of you.

Anyhow, I find that I'm faster if I react to the first sign of red and kind of in my peripheral, rather than seeing the whole stop sign. Kind of like how we react to the shot timer....reacting to the B in the beep, instead of waiting for the whole beep.

Whaaaaa? I think I'll need the range officer to kick me given my reaction times!

reacting to the b in beep... I think I just had an aha moment. I have never really practices much with a timer (yet) but I know this, my reaction to the beep sucks.

reacting to the b in beep... I think I just had an aha moment. I have never really practices much with a timer (yet) but I know this, my reaction to the beep sucks.
And, it means even more. Our reaction to the timer, and draw speed is really insignificant compared to the importance of transition times, keeping the gun up and being ready to shoot at the earliest possible moment, etc., etc.

But, placing importance to reacting to the B in the beep can set us up, psychologically, for the rest of the stage. Being aggressive on the start can put us in that mind set of importance and aggressiveness for everything else involved in the rest of the stage.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Edited by grapemeister

As I'm sitting here switching back and forth from dry firing, playing Zuma on the computer, looking at the Enos forums, and watching the news, it dawned on me that you're a bunch of sick individuals. But, I'm proud to be one of you. Anyhow, I find that I'm faster if I react to the first sign of red and kind of in my peripheral, rather than seeing the whole stop sign. Kind of like how we react to the shot timer....reacting to the B in the beep, instead of waiting for the whole beep.

And, it means even more. Our reaction to the timer, and draw speed is really insignificant compared to the importance of transition times, keeping the gun up and being ready to shoot at the earliest possible moment, etc., etc.But, placing importance to reacting to the B in the beep can set us up, psychologically, for the rest of the stage. Being aggressive on the start can put us in that mind set of importance and aggressiveness for everything else involved in the rest of the stage.I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Sure does, thanks for the tips.