Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flared magwell for AR-15

2Xalpha

Hi,

Anyone got experience on whats the best flared magwell for a mil-spec AR-15 lower?

Arredondo AR-15/M4 Extended Magazine Well:

aa-mgw-blk.jpg

Toni System AR-15 Magwell:

ar_magwell.jpg

Shooters Source AR Magwell:

ar_magwell120.jpg

Lancer Adaptive Magwell:

IMG_8995.jpg

Lancer Adaptive Magwell with after market trigger guard:

maxresdefault.jpg

I think the one from Shooters Source looks least ugly, but also think the most important is which works best.

A couple of beers and a nice sharp file makes for a real nice opened up mag well. As good as most of these posted, and less expensive. Besides it is a great excuse to go drink beer in your shop......as if we really need one ;)

A couple of beers and a nice sharp file makes for a real nice opened up mag well. As good as most of these posted, and less expensive. Besides it is a great excuse to go drink beer in your shop......as if we really need one ;)

i prefer the modern day file......a dremel

Are you serious? :surprise: Pictures please. :D

Have anyone compared the ones from Lancer and Shooters Source? Which one makes insertion easiest, and which one has most room for coupled mags? Suppose beta mag won't fit in any of these, but I don't have one anyway.

Looks like Lancer offer to two models. I think the newer one piece version looks sexier. :blush:

The Adaptive Magwell is currently available in two configurations; original two piece version and the NEW one piece upgraded version. Both available now.

l_LAM-STD.jpgl_LAM-QD.jpg

Remember one thing, just in case you use mags connected together. They will not work with a magwell, just in case. Don't know if you ever run into that or not. I like the double mags if a reload is required.

Remember one thing, just in case you use mags connected together. They will not work with a magwell, just in case. Don't know if you ever run into that or not. I like the double mags if a reload is required.

The GB Customs magwell works with coupled mags.

The Lancer is nice... It gives you options multiple options. It is very easy to change in and out. I have been running it for 2 years and like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a magwell as a waste. Generally there are not many reloads with a rifle if at all. I don't find a mag well speeding up up as its a big hole to start with. Secondly I have seen issues when using coupled mags which is what I prefer on the rare mandatory reload stage.

Pat

I see a magwell as a waste. Generally there are not many reloads with a rifle if at all. I don't find a mag well speeding up up as its a big hole to start with. Secondly I have seen issues when using coupled mags which is what I prefer on the rare mandatory reload stage.

Pat

I agree that a flared magwell is not necessary on a AR. But, for the times that I have not hit my reload just right, it is nice to have one.

My STI has a huge stock magwell opening. Do I have a Dawson flared magwell on it. Yup. Hard to find a shooter that does not. I have

a Beretta 1301 with a huge from the factory opening to load shells. Did I open it up to make it load easier, Yup.

Just saying.

I only have experience with the Arredondo AR-15/M4 magwell. It wont let 30 or 40 round pmags drop free out of the box. Need to remove some material from the inside of the magwell on the rear side.

+1 , however, it works slick now. That being said I would be willing to sell mine and an arrendondo coupler (it is made to work with Magwell) .

I like them on pistols not just for the reloads but I find they help my initial grip on the gun. On a rifle I don't like how many of them interfere with couplers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Alaskapopo