Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun

9x45

Looks to me ??? like the "front weight" is actually something to

make the pistol stand up for the photo - not a piece of the gun?? :cheers:

Sure looks like a weight that's attached. I would guess there is peg of some kind sticking up inside the grip to hold the gun up.

• 2 weeks later...

I want one!

(Okay, I know we're having fun here, but a question - would the forward-hanging weight be USPSA (Pistol) legal? I don't see anything in the rule book that would outlaw it (as long as you don't use it as a forward grip, I guess). It looks a little like what the bow shooters use, to help dampen momentum as the shot goes off.

On the other hand, is it practical...

I want one!

(Okay, I know we're having fun here, but a question - would the forward-hanging weight be USPSA (Pistol) legal? I don't see anything in the rule book that would outlaw it (as long as you don't use it as a forward grip, I guess). It looks a little like what the bow shooters use, to help dampen momentum as the shot goes off.

I think it would be legal in Open. (just about everything is except mag length). :ph34r:

I want one!

I think it would be legal in Open. (just about everything is except mag length). :ph34r:

I doubt it would help transitions at all. The gun would resist moving from its current position, yes?

Didn't imply that it would help anything, just that it's probably legal. (so would a 16" barrel, but that's another discussion). Wait, that could be a new division, Open Pistol Caliber Carbine :roflol:

Edited by Bkreutz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...