Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS Orange

SCPistolero

Pardon my ignorance, but is this a CZ product or is it a customized CZ from an aftermarket shop? Is this from CZC? Is CZC like Smith and Wesson's "performance center" or is it a completely different company?

The Orange series of guns come from CZ-UB. The Orange seems to be a factory build of what CZ did for the CZUB team guns.

CZC offers the CTS which is a build up using the TS frame and fitting oversize slides the frame and then installing the ACCU bushing.

It will be pretty cool to get hold of the Orange guns and do some more cool stuff to them. Looking forward to getting them in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TS Orange adds to basic TS:

- Hand fitted and polished barrel

- New barrel design (link area?) and more durable material

- Hand fitted slide to frame

- Black frame

- Enhanced Czechmate-style grip and triggerguard

- Beefier dust cover

- Thumb rest

- Competition hammer

- Trigger job

- ø1.0 mm fiber optic front sight

- Hight adjustable rear sight (not sure about the .40 model)

- Al grip panels

- Al magazine pads x3

- Large case (same as with Czechmate)

This not for the builders, there nothing left to desire :). I think it would worth of the additional price. Mine should be coming in few weeks.'m Im

I'm sorry... Yours should be coming in a few weeks?!?!?! WHAT!?! WHERE?! HOW!?! WHO!?! SHARE DETAILS MAN!?!!

I live in Europe. Here the pistol has been available for several months. Mine arrived a week ago with some other CZ's. The build quality of TS Orange was great. Very tight fittings everywhere. The trigger was better than in my CM. The grip was as comfortable as CM's grip. The massive dust cover is lighter than what it looks. The adjustable sight has a clever design. The spring is pushing moving part down. I think it could last longer than traditional design. The thumb rest can be turned 180 degrees if you want grap more forward with your support hand. Unfortunately I didn't find any use for this gun between my CM and Shadow Orange, so I already sold it to a caring home.

Totally different animals. The TS is a single action only, wider frame gun designed to be optimal for Limited. The Shadow is a DA/SA gun designed to be optimal for Production. The TS has a much greater capacity, being designed around the .40, while the Shadow shares magazines with the standard 75B, which was designed around the 9mm.

The TS Orange is the pinnacle of CZ's lineup for Limited Division, while the 75 Accu-Shadow is the pinnacle of the lineup for Production, and the Czechmate is the pinnacle of the lineup for Open.

• 2 weeks later...
Jesus Christ... $2,800!!!! There is making a profit and then there is this.... I am not sure I can stomach a 1k "demand" fee. Yowza.
I c $1800

The buy now option has been removed since I last loaded that listing. What you are seeing in the minimum stating bid, but there was a buynow price for 2800 bucks a few hours ago.

Well, I pre-ordered one of these and even though the timing was a few months sooner than I expected...one of these followed me home today! You'll probably see something else of mine in the classifieds to help offset to splurge.

As desired, here's pictures (and my thoughts).

Grip: undercut trigger guard and beaver tail is MUCH higher than I expected, checkering is very good 20 LPI-ish feel and sharp, and my first time holding a blaster with a go-pedal and it fits my hand perfectly. Go-pedal is actually inset to the frame, a nice touch.

iKrvefk.jpg

zMQyuwY.jpg

Trigger: they've improved on the stock TS, pretty much in line with the Czechmate, about 1.5#

Magwell: not as blended as I'd hoped, but slightly better than stock.

i8a7UGD.jpg

Sights: contoured rear adjustable for height only, front 1mm fiber counter sunk against a serrated blade (very similar to a Dawson), very good low profile sights and sight picture.

q3Lf917.jpg

q2EaYfn.jpg

Barrel: very highly polished from tip-to-tail, PLUS the slide appears to be chrome-lined inside where the barrel rides - very cool! Includes a steel guide rod, came with a clear shock buff.

SaGLVtm.jpg

Slide-to-frame fit: incredible compared to stock, it's so tight i set just over half an inch of the slide into the frame and it doesn't slide down by itself. It would do that at any point in pulling the slide down the frame. Fit it so tight compared to a stock TS, I am still amazed. See pics in the album link below.

Finish: it doesn't look like the polycoat from the SP-01, and it sucked up the lube I put on it. Slide is a matte black and just a shade lighter than the frame. I'm guessing the finish is the same stuff CZ is putting on the barrels (and probably the Shadow 2 from the pictures I've seen of it). I like it. Reminds me of Dan Wesson's "duty treatment" coating.

Holsters: It does not fit my TS kydex holster, so no reuse there unfortunately.

For me at about $500-600 over stock TS and a few hundred under entry 2011's, I think it's priced just right. Keep the good stuff coming CZ!

A couple more pics in the album here: http://imgur.com/a/RgpBE

Edited by IronicTwitch

Guys it seems Oakhillguns has three in stock as we speak at a reasonable price. http://oakhillguns.com/cz-75-tactical-sport-orange-40-s-w.html

The fact that I have been scouring the internet for a decent priced one, and also hadr in stock notifications set up for that gun and I still missed it because they never sent me an email pisses me off more than words allow.

%#$&