Competition P320

zen_grasshopper

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really sounds like Sig is going all out on this thing. I can't wait.

Yeah, no kidding. As much as I like the P320F I shoot, it sounds like the Target's fixed every little thing I didn't like (aside from maybe the rear sight...)

Yeah, no kidding. As much as I like the P320F I shoot, it sounds like the Target's fixed every little thing I didn't like (aside from maybe the rear sight...)

Several sight options should be available. That's the beauty of having that adapter plate.

Another fun fact: if you look at the adapter plate you can see that it's angled on the sides. It looks to be dovetailed in like a standard rear sight would be.

The Romeo1 itself is also dovetailed so you actually install it from the side like a standard rear sight, and then use the set screws to keep it from drifting back out.

Several sight options should be available. That's the beauty of having that adapter plate.

Another fun fact: if you look at the adapter plate you can see that it's angled on the sides. It looks to be dovetailed in like a standard rear sight would be.

The Romeo1 itself is also dovetailed so you actually install it from the side like a standard rear sight, and then use the set screws to keep it from drifting back out.

https://youtu.be/rusNjd14Y6I

Ahhh! They never talk about how much it weighs. I'm hoping its 4 or 5 oz heavier than the P320 fullsize.

What's the recoil spring setup? Still a captured one like the rest of the P320 line?

I just checked out my video from shot show. looked like the captured rod. It might have been longer than the one on the current full size but it's hard to tell for sure and who knows what will actually be on it when it comes.

I have heard/read about a lot of competition shooters replacing their fullsize captured with a solid rod to be able to tune the spring. I'd be a little disappointed if they didn't go with a solid rod for the Target when it's aimed at the competition market.

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning on running what I have now for Production Nationals. Surprises can happen but with six weeks away I need to start focusing on what is available.

This is not being said from inside knowledge, just observation on the speed of new rollouts given current backorders.

320 target is going to be awesome, but im just planning on shooting my p226 for the NC Sectional. I'm impatiently waiting as well, although i probably wont be able to get one for a while anyhow

Daniel K

I have a 320 now, but think I want to get the 320 target too

Yeah I've got one in 40 that's a limited major gun. I wish i would've gotten it in 9mm for production. Im shooting my 226, and its a good gun, but i miss my 320. If i get the money for another gun soon, i may just buy a regular 9mm 320. I've already done some trigger work to my current fcu and it had a pretty good trigger in it

Daniel K

• 3 weeks later...

What is the stock guide rod weight on a 9mm? Looking at putting the 1911 guide rod setup in and was wondering what spring weight you might suggest? My wife's setup does have a delta pro on the slide.

Edited by wishfulshooter

What is the stock guide rod weight? Looking at putting the 1911 guide rod setup in and was wondering what spring weight you might suggest? My wife's setup does have a delta pro on the slide.

Recoil spring weight for 9mm? Try 12 or 13 lb spring

Daniel K