Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition P320

zen_grasshopper

I've heard that you can use a Dawson XD adjustable rear sight on the P320 FS. It extends past the rear of the slide a bit, but isn't unsupported. Anyone have this on theirs, or can vouch for this fit?

I have seen a few people do that. I think A.J. Stuart was one of them. You could find him on Facebook and ask about the experience. Basically most anything that fits the P226 dovetail should work, but many types will overhang on the P320.

Bruce said he plans to offer milling for the P220 site above as a milling service. The new Target had a fully adjustable LPA on it that looked pretty good.

Actually AJ suggested it to me. I was just curious about other attempts before I tried it. I need to ask him for a picture or ask if he will do it for me! Thanks for the info!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually AJ suggested it to me. I was just curious about other attempts before I tried it. I need to ask him for a picture or ask if he will do it for me! Thanks for the info!

Maybe Shawn from the SIG Team or Scott Springer then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Competition trigger or competition pistol?

Are we talking about Grey Guns parts or the Sig Target?

Both? The factory Competition pistol should have a Competition trigger pre installed.

The Target model was shown with a straight trigger.

There has been talk about drop in trigger kits that are production legal for the standard 320's. I am wondering what was over heard at Area 1...

Edited by Magsz

The Target model was shown with a straight trigger.

There has been talking about drop in trigger kits that are production legal for the standard 320's. I am wondering what was over heard at Area 1...

Yes, drop in kits have been discussed and is something you are likely to see. Some aspects of the competition gun may have changed for the better since Shot. Along with everyone else I am anxiously awaiting any updates that may be provided at the NRA Convention.

My wife is super excited to go carry optics with her 320. The slide is being sent to springer this week to have the slide cut for her delta pro. I must admit I am really wanting to play with her gun when its finished. Are there any solid base pads for the mags currently?

My wife is super excited to go carry optics with her 320. The slide is being sent to springer this week to have the slide cut for her delta pro. I must admit I am really wanting to play with her gun when its finished. Are there any solid base pads for the mags currently?

Yes. Springer Precision has two lengths, .25", or .375" along with additional weighted inserts. Obsidian Arms has done nice ones as well. Dawson, Ben Stoeger, and Taylor Freelance all have options for the P320.

Alma did I read somewhere that you filled in your grip on the inside for added weight? If this is correct what did you use and how did you do it?

I have used a few methods to add weight, mostly for Limited and 3 Gun setups.

For medium and large grips I have a guy milling brass inserts for the inside magwell channel. On the medium with a small tungsten rod inserted it gets me another ounce and a half. Inside the large grip it's about two and a half ounces. I have a handful of medium brass inserts with tungsten cores if you want to get one. Some additional experimentation with tungsten is happening now but it's expensive.

You can also go the more labor intensive route of embedded tungsten rods or lead slugs into the grip module using epoxy, but it's a real pain to get the epoxy leveled off flush again, finished, and looking good. Weight aside, I do prefer how the gun reloads when that backstrap channel is filled.

Awesome. The plan is to have one lower for CO and one lower for minor open for the wife. Do you know if the competition trigger is going to be production legal? Thanks for all your info.

That's the goal.