Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition P320

zen_grasshopper

Vlad: You plan on voting for Hillary? That kind of emotional thinking is pretty close to the anti-gun groups out there.

That is a pretty silly question. I'll ask the question again, if we don't care about a 3.5lb trigger with no external safeties for a 320 then why do we care about it for a 3.5lb 1911 trigger?

Look, we have safety rules for a reason. After 10 years of match directing, I'd like to think I've seen every single dumbass way in which someone can f*#k up with a gun, but I'm sure that there are new inbred ones being invented every day.

Being concerned about safety in a game where we run with guns is not an emotional question.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Negligent discharges are negligent discharges. Don't blame equipment. Proper responsible gun handling is key. Modern striker guns have internal safeties that 1911s do not. Thus making them safer in terms of non-user induced mechanical failures that cause the firearm to discharge. The manual safety is to lock up the clockwork inside the firearm much like internal safeties of modern striker guns. If you do something that actuates the trigger it doesn't matter how light or heavy the pull is, its the human not the gun. Now if the trigger has been lightened in a way that makes the gun mechanically unsafe that it malfunctions then its not legal to use in USPSA.

EDIT: Attributing blame to the firearm and not the user is emotional thinking, its based in fear and not logic. It's the same line of thinking that the anti-gun groups use.

Edited by R34PER

It is always the human, that isn't the issue. The safeties are there to help when the meat bag messes up.

Specifically in this case what concerns me is brushing the side of the trigger against clothing, holsters, etc when holstering guns.

Vlad you first said that you were worried that it would go off while pointed in your direction. If they were being safe it would never be pointed at you. If it was pointed at you there is a much bigger problem that needs correcting regardless of weight of trigger.

Next you said your concerned about reholstering which if it went off in the holster wouldn't effect you unless they were straddling you when holstering. I don't think that is a legal make ready position to be in. Make ready is the only time when a loaded gun should be entering a holster per USPSA.

It still seems to me like you are thinking irrationally.

A credible Sig Sauer dealer told me the P320 Target will take another 5 months for manufacturing. The earliest time you can buy one of these is Q3 this year.

I was guessing 4th quarter so this is good.

A credible Sig Sauer dealer told me the P320 Target will take another 5 months for manufacturing. The earliest time you can buy one of these is Q3 this year.

The people responsible for making it have more aggressive shopping dates in mind. Not all things go as planned but they want to get this out in Production legal numbers as soon a possible.

Alma: have you tried removing material from current grip beavertail area to get as high up as the target model?

Yes. I can find a picture in a bit. I back filled epoxy inside the grip module and took a bit more than 1/4" higher. Honestly I didn't like it much because it removed a leverage point that the web of my hand had at the top of the grip.

Its an impressive release as far as i am concerned.

I really like the fact that for once, it seems like a gun is being designed by people that actually shoot versus engineers that work at Firearms companies.

I do however hope that Sig prices this accordingly, ie in the "slightly more expensive than a Glock 34" realm considering its got a nice set of sights and a "trigger job" from the factory.

Pricing this in the CZ range will be disappointing to me. Paying 1400 dollars from CZ custom for what is in essence, an 880 dollar pistol is absurd. Id hate to see Sig follow the same business model although, it has proven profitable so i guess i cant complain if the market will pay the asking price. I mean, i CAN complain but it is what it is. :P

At 800 bucks, i could see myself replacing my other Striker fired guns with 320's. At 1200, erf...probably not.

It's not Yong's as it doesn't have the silicon carbide grip job. Yong is actually back to using the stock slide with fixed sights. That one has an adjustable milled in that comes from a P220 Elite.

Bruce was also showing off one like this during Range Day that had a Grayguns prototype bull barrel.

I'm coming from a P250 EDC perspective and a CZ TS for competition. This look to me like the best of both worlds. I will be curious to see what type of accuracy will come from the stock version. Due to the interchangeable features of the line, how much matching of the barrel and slide can be expected?

I've heard that you can use a Dawson XD adjustable rear sight on the P320 FS. It extends past the rear of the slide a bit, but isn't unsupported. Anyone have this on theirs, or can vouch for this fit?

I've heard that you can use a Dawson XD adjustable rear sight on the P320 FS. It extends past the rear of the slide a bit, but isn't unsupported. Anyone have this on theirs, or can vouch for this fit?

I have seen a few people do that. I think A.J. Stuart was one of them. You could find him on Facebook and ask about the experience. Basically most anything that fits the P226 dovetail should work, but many types will overhang on the P320.

Bruce said he plans to offer milling for the P220 site above as a milling service. The new Target had a fully adjustable LPA on it that looked pretty good.

That magwell looks awesome. It's gotta be smokin' fast to reload.

+/- 3# is pretty good

people who practice can do smoking fast reloads without a magwell on a double-stack gun.

I was talking about the integrated mag opening, not the one for limited and 3 gun.

I'll go practice more

That magwell looks awesome. It's gotta be smokin' fast to reload.

+/- 3# is pretty good

people who practice can do smoking fast reloads without a magwell on a double-stack gun.

I was talking about the integrated mag opening, not the one for limited and 3 gun.

I'll go practice more

yeah, so was I. Get to work. :devil: