Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Easier way than a tarp to catch brass?

Jrb305

I get my wife to stand alongside me and catch the brass as it comes out.

She enjoys being out of her handcuffs in the basement because she gets to see the sun.

By beating her for every missed case i find she's really motivated to do a good job.

And if you believe that, then i have some real estate on the moon I'd like to sell you. .....

Sent by Jedi mind control

• 6 years later...

I use a mesh tarp, that a bud dropped off ( I have my own range in my yard) it’s an extra step in setting up, but it catches 100% of my brass, and I’m not looking around for it!..so far it’s the best I’ve found

On 12/29/2015 at 4:46 PM, biglou13 said:

Set up ez up then A clamp mesh tarp wall to stop brass from there it's ez pick up.

Think wall not mat

That’s what my bro did. Made a tube frame and hung a tarp from it and on the bottom lifted the tarp to make a trough. Like a “J”shape. The brass would hit the wall, stop and slide down into the trough. There were two problems with using it,

1- That mesh tarp material wasn’t available at the time and a good gust of wind would flip the tarp and toss all your brass all over anyway. 
2- His Witness pistol wasn’t consistent where it threw brass so you still had to chase some down. 
I think with the mesh material it would work much better. 
And I just realized that this post is about a century old. 🙄

Edited by Farmer
Added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CED brass net. but I need to get a couple weights for the corners. They have 4 zipper pouches in the corner that you can chuck sand in.

The problem with this is people choose not to stand on near it probably to piss me off. We are on sand so the net catches alot and the rest we get with brass broom

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...