What are you using for Carry Optics?

JGus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beretta (M9A1) 92 Compact with rail and a Burris Fastfire III. Added an extended mag release, steel trigger, Elite II hammer and steel safety lever. [ = 34.1 oz. with full size magazine and spacer ]

Are you using a dovetail mount for the Fastfire? I ordered a dovetail mount for my Fastfire II and full size Sig P320. It's the same one used for the Beretta, Sig P226 and some others. Hope it will be tight and secure after install and Loctite.

Edited by JGus

JGus,

The 92 mount (the piece that slid in the dovetail) was very loose. I slightly filed down the one labeled for the Cougar (two came in the package). I just got it shiny on the bottom and sides and taped it in (with screws in place to prevent damage to the threads). The whole unit is very tight.

I didn't think the G17L was production legal. Hopefully Glock will bring the G17 MOS to the US next year. If they do I'll get one of those and use it. If they don't I'll probably buy a G34 MOS.

Yes, but I can run big sticks in Open. Restricting carry optics to 10 rounds sucks, should be at least original flush fit magazine capacity. I'm ok with only 17 rounds in a Glock.

Still seriously suck at this division though, (2 matches-limited to no practice) seems like everything is in slowmo waiting on the sight.

3 matches with mine so far and it's not an easy transition for me either. Takes a while sometimes to find the dot. On close targets I've mostly been just shooting through the window without seeing the dot; getting surprisingly good hits that way, but need to work on picking up the dot faster. While it's hard to compare scores with few shooters in the division, I think I'm actually shooting it comparatively better than I ever did in Production though.

Also, so far every match I'm getting quite a few people coming up to me asking questions about my set up. Seems there's a lot more interest in Carry Optics than can be counted just from the number of people currently shooting it. A lot of folks are interested in trying it out.

Off topic, but is there anywhere to check classifier scores for Carry Optics? Seems classifiercalc doesn't have the HHFs, it was just giving me the same % as Production.

Off topic, but is there anywhere to check classifier scores for Carry Optics? Seems classifiercalc doesn't have the HHFs, it was just giving me the same % as Production.

I use the one at AZ Shooters.

https://azshooters.org/

It nailed my pathetic High C in CO in my first match. second match classifier was zero or hero so it wont be showing up... lol

I am doing far worse than I ever did in production. Granted some of it is retardation going from LTD and forgetting the whole 10rds thing.

Edited by tarosean

I've never been able to shoot with both eyes open, but it seems doing so with CO does help pick up that first shot.

Did some testing and for now it is slower, by about .2. Did a bit of practice and using both eyes was finally able to get the times down.

I use the one at AZ Shooters.

https://azshooters.org/

It nailed my pathetic High C in CO in my first match. second match classifier was zero or hero so it wont be showing up... lol

I am doing far worse than I ever did in production. Granted some of it is retardation going from LTD and forgetting the whole 10rds thing.

Thanks. Although a bit disappointing, looks like classifiercalc has the wrong HHF for the classifier I shot for all divisions. It had me at 91%, I thought I shot it pretty well, but that did seem high :blush:

I already had a Glock 34 and a FFIII so I acquired a mount from Strike Industries that uses the factory dovetail. I have not shot a match with it yet just dry and live fire practice. I shoot with both eyes open so that aspect was not to get used to. It defintely doesn't point like the stock G34 due to the FFIII height - that's been the most difficult adjustment.

Has anyone been able to get a reflex sight to run more than 1,000 rounds without dying when slide mounted?

I've got 4-5K on mine, not a problem. We use Doctor Sight Plus II

Guy I got it from has 100,000+ on a Major 9 gun.

Doctor sight is great, always on, no on/off buttons or switches

Has anyone been able to get a reflex sight to run more than 1,000 rounds without dying when slide mounted?

I have a RMR on my G19 and G21. Over 3,000 with the G21, and way over 1,000 on the G19.