Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR 15 stock?....

mikeAZ

I have never tried the Luth but plan on using one for a bull barrel build I want to do. I actually like more weight at the back to offset the weight of the barrel. My left shoulder is trashed from a car wreck and unable to maintain steady so the rearward weight helps change the balance. I use a Magpul UBR. Very solid and adjustable, but heavy.

Craig

Magpul UBR is solid and heavy, but expensive. As you already have an M4 buffer tube installed, consider the Magpul CTR, which is light and inexpensive, or the Magpul ACS if you want a little more weight. Both will fit right onto your existing buffer tube, and lock up rock solid.

The Ergo F93 stock is comparable to the UBR in weight and solidness, and a little cheaper, but does have a tad more play front-to-back (not really noticeable when shooting).

If you want a fixed stock, it is hard to beat the Luth stock for the $$$. I won one at RM3G and really like it. The cheekpiece did not really work for me so I pulled it off... stock works just great without it.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I just put the Battlelink Minimalist on a mil-spec carbine tube build. It is tight. It is adjustable and in the same price range as a Magpul MOE but it has absolutely no wiggle; indeed, it actually takes a little effort to adjust it intentionally. So far, I like it quite a lot.

I fell for the JP marketing email and bought one of the new ultra light rifles with the minimalist. The minimalist is pretty darn cool, the whole rifle is super cool, but as this thread is about stocks, I can say that if the weight works for you you may just dig the minimalist, feels good, locks up solid, no wiggle and seems like no wisker pulling.

I have tried the Magpul UBR (great stock, but too heavy), the Magpul fixed, and I am happiest with the Ace Ultra Light fixed stock.

I nixed the foam cover and double wrapped it in 550 cord. It is VERY light, sturdy, & gives a solid cheek and shoulder weld.

(First pic is a little fish-eyed due to the GoPro lens):

12088094_942602622445460_20982140162924912088521_943517065687349_289845237170990

• 2 weeks later...