Single-Stack Nationals - Predictions

BritinUSA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is great to see that just a hair over 2% separated the top four finishers...that is a horse race!

Here are the combined results with the "open" shooters and the single stackers.

http://combinedresults.info/index.php/match/14402

Bummer about Matt Mink not making weight. i believe he shoots a DW PM9. It would be interesting to find out the whole story of how/why he didn't make weight. I have a PM9 (with aftermaket grips and S&A mag well) and just weighed it with a mag and got 42 ounces. I wonder if he added or changed something right before the match.

Edited by Bamboo

Doesn't PASA have their own chrono station stuff, with lots of people having issues over the years going minor with the same batch of ammo that just made major at a previous major. maybe the scale was off ??? Just seems i hear chrono stories every year.

I would like to hear about the other guys who went open too>>>>

You can do the math,. just solve for his stage points by using the HHF from SS and his HF from Open. Add them up and that will tell you his place. But, it is just a mathematical exercise since I doubt he shot the match as he would of if he was in the running.

Edited by cnote

The chrono issues weren't chronograph at all. Everyone went open because of weight or holster or mag issues. Don't bring 10 round mags for a major gun and life will be good.

I was 8 PF higher at pasa then cowtown.

Edited by mach1soldier

The chrono issues weren't chronograph at all. Everyone went open because of weight or holster or mag issues. Don't bring 10 round mags for a major gun and life will be good.

I was 8 PF higher at pasa then cowtown.

I thought so too... I clocked in at 177pf, where as my chrono and the one at Wisc the weekend before were both about 170-171.

Edited by mikeg1005

I just sent him a text asking why... sad. As we were sitting there debating which gun he should shoot when he chose the 9, so I feel like I was part of the problem if it was indeed for being overweight. I wish there was a way to combine the scores and see where he would have been....

You can do the math,. just solve for his stage points by using the HHF from SS and his HF from Open. Add them up and that will tell you his place. But, it is just a mathematical exercise since I doubt he shot the match as he would of if he was in the running.

Or just go to combinedresults.info

He said nothing changed...

hmm. well. something must have changed.

I don't remember what my gun weighed (i'm way under weight with a small-magwell 45, so i don't pay much attention), but I think it was about the same as I weighed it at home. I know i have mags that are significantly lighter than others. I always give them a tripp mag to weigh with the gun (those are the majority of what I use).

Manny's gun was wavering between 43.0 and 43.1 depending on the wind. He said he probably needed to clean it, lol.

I wonder if the scales will create the same issues as the chrono. "But my gun was 1/2 oz under at home!"

As I recall last year, there were MORE people that said they chrono'd the same as they always do than folks that were surprised by going minor. I didn't shoot last year, but this year my chrono and weight results were not surprising to me, but that may be because I chrono and weigh my gun routinely at home.

Still, it sucks to be the guy that gets bumped for weight. Hopefully he at least shot on saturday. It would *really* suck to get bumped for weight and have to shoot on friday. (I shot on thursday, in pretty decent weather until the last few stages).

My gun weighed exactly what it weighs at home on a 2k scale. I did notice the scale at chrono was sitting on a Hogue bench mat on a crooked picnic table. I think when it comes to the scale or chrono at a nationals match every attemp at the best possible accuracy should be made

Our chef's scale here at home rendered Ms. Roe's Canyon Creek .38 Super (built on a Springer Loaded, not the newer gray RO-based gun) at 42.4oz.

The SSC match scale said the very same thing.

We have a chef's scale because Ms. Roe is a chef.
That's really good. For me.

On the other hand, our chrono kept saying the SnS 135s were going to make 134ish, but at showtime, they only went 129.7.