Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trigger pull

Boy

Mine are all around 6 to 6.5.

(It's pretty hard to accurately measure a DA pull, though.)

I'm using the highly sophisticated method of "hang a mesh bag full of bullets off the trigger until it rolls through" so I doubt mine are particularly precise measurements.

Edited by thermobollocks

A custom shop down here has been advertising custom revolvers with 4.25lb trigger pulls for competition guns.

Are these likely to be unreliable?

No, and yes.

Many things have to go right to get that low. At that weight you begin to take other things into account too, brass variations, actual differences in the primers themselves.

Trigger return is usually rather slow under 5 pounds. I've had a 625 into the mid 4s, but waiting on the trigger to return, slower splits, and a skipped chamber and I wasn't interested in that anymore.

I think most want a gun that runs, and is perfectly smooth. Weight is an afterthought.

Edited by MWP

6.25 lbs.

It ran 100% at 6, but I found it too easy to skip by a chamber when I hesitated on a sight picture. A little extra weight fixed that.

I had Apex do one and it came back at under 4 1/2 lbs, but I had the same issue you mentioned. Rarely skip one at 5 1/2.

Also when around the 4 lb mark the head space, end play and a slightly springy moon clip can cause a misfire. Advantages are there if you can use them, but be aware of the issues you can face.

A good smooth 5 1/2 to 6 lbs feels better than a 4 lb glock.

About 6 1/4 lb on my 627.

Runs with 100% ignition of federal primers, and after fixing some notch peening haven't had any skipped cylinder issues.

I did the Bang Inc. kit, bobbed the hammer (mild - so it is flush with the frame), apex firing pin, and did some smoothing of engagement surfaces with stones and cratex bars.

A custom shop down here has been advertising custom revolvers with 4.25lb trigger pulls for competition guns.

Are these likely to be unreliable?

No, and yes.

Many things have to go right to get that low. At that weight you begin to take other things into account too, brass variations, actual differences in the primers themselves.

Trigger return is usually rather slow under 5 pounds. I've had a 625 into the mid 4s, but waiting on the trigger to return, slower splits, and a skipped chamber and I wasn't interested in that anymore.

I think most want a gun that runs, and is perfectly smooth. Weight is an afterthought.

I agree with this sentiment, when i first started i obsessed over weight, but smooth is what really makes it.

I don't really know much, and more people tell me that every day.

That being said. I want my triggers around 6-7 lbs. and glass smooth. I find if they are too light I don't get enough information about the trigger when i'm shooting..

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...