Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ck arms metal grip

Mike21STI

What kind of wait time are you expecting ordering from SV? (Thinking I'm going to order one myself, but I don't like waiting 6-12 months or anything like that.)

I just went and purchased a SVI grip... at the end of the day it came to $750 including their xl magwell, msh, trigger and mag release, I think the double-undercut adds to the price as well.

the CK ones look awesome, but the wait time was too long for me,

if I ever start to piece together a 6" gun i'll probably go CK for grip and frame,

4 weeks for my latest SV grip. Edited by hvsmith

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of wait time are you expecting ordering from SV? (Thinking I'm going to order one myself, but I don't like waiting 6-12 months or anything like that.)

I just went and purchased a SVI grip... at the end of the day it came to $750 including their xl magwell, msh, trigger and mag release, I think the double-undercut adds to the price as well.

the CK ones look awesome, but the wait time was too long for me,

if I ever start to piece together a 6" gun i'll probably go CK for grip and frame,

Yep I was told 6 weeks and that was over a week ago. That said, a 4 week arrival wouldn't bum me out ;)

Not trying to steal thunder on a CK thread here, their grips do look great but I was told "at least 3 months" and I currently am without a working grip, so time was my major decision factor

FWIW I was told 10 weeks over at PT.

The proprietary parts are a pretty big turnoff for me at least. I like my stuff to be interchangeable with common parts

I can understand not liking the proprietary magwell there are a bunch of others out there and different strokes for different folks. The trigger and mag release aren't a big deal to me, most people run the SVI trigger which is compatible and the mag release is most likely drilled and tapped ready for the button of your choice. So it doesn't bother me much.

I do know that I want one and will be getting one (hopefully sooner than later)

I think the biggest question on the magwell is just all the mag variables that come in to play as well. It's pretty well figured out and documented what typically works and what doesn't, for example, team Xmagwell works with 126mm tubes and A,B,C, but not D base pads due to different angles height, etc. And 140 tubes work with any base pad except C with Y's magwell. Due to laws, box, or whatever a lot of people have or use 126 tubes with all kinds of pads.

So do my 126 tubes with Dawson pads work? Do I need 10 new pads now? Does my 1200 in tuned mags work on this proprietary release? These are just hypothetical questions and I'm not looking for an actual answer, but just pointing out potential other things that could come with "proprietary"

Understand these are just questions about a single product, and by no means is it a question of the reputation, skills, quality, team, and name that stand behind it.

I'm also a head first kind of guy, they look pretty sweet, and I'd be happy to write a check today just to answer my own questions and give it a try

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

someone asked about a CK slide. I picked up a new LDC Limited gun from Matt after New Years. The Gun was built on a CK slide and frame. The parts were very well machined and the gun shoots an inch at 25 yards. I saw the Prototypes of the grips in several styles and they were nicely done.

Nitrohuck> I hope you realize that the SVI Grips are not "Drop In" fit to STI frames. Machining is needed to make an SVI Steel Grip to fit onto an STI Frame. I hope you have a knowledgeable gunsmith close by that can fit it correctly.

Actually we make an STI specific model. STI keyways are much more varied from frame to frame and it is best to measure yours and provide us the info when ordering. We can manufacture an exact fit.

Lee

Nitrohuck> I hope you realize that the SVI Grips are not "Drop In" fit to STI frames. Machining is needed to make an SVI Steel Grip to fit onto an STI Frame. I hope you have a knowledgeable gunsmith close by that can fit it correctly.

Actually we make an STI specific model. STI keyways are much more varied from frame to frame and it is best to measure yours and provide us the info when ordering. We can manufacture an exact fit.

Lee

That is very good to know... I don't believe that is the current common understanding of services provided. Is the time frame 10-12 weeks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody confirmed what magazines these will use?

On another note, Bobby spec'd an STI Aluminum Magwell for my build. Not sure how much fitting he will have to do but they are obviously somewhat compatible.

Has anybody confirmed what magazines these will use?

On another note, Bobby spec'd an STI Aluminum Magwell for my build. Not sure how much fitting he will have to do but they are obviously somewhat compatible.

I have tuned mags from Matt and they're build using STI tubes, Grams followers and SNL pads. I presume his grips will be compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

The grips will work with your normal mag of .

Mag of.... choice?

Bobby is adding mags to my order and said that no tuning is needed. Not sure of the components though. He's insanely busy and didn't want to bother him with the details. Hopefully someone else will come up with a better answer before my build is done in 5 months.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have one on my new open gun. Great grip but a DAA sti insert had to be modified extensively to fit. Currently there is not a plug and play holster that I am aware of. Once a few more grips are in the pipeline I think the plan is to have a custom insert developed by DAA

• 2 weeks later...

Got an update from Bobby on my build with the CK Arms grip. Should have it in 4-6 weeks.

Those of you who are curious, the CKA Aluminum grips weigh 1.6oz more than a polymer STI grip (4.0oz vs 2.4oz respectively). Therefor, they are IDPA legal for ESP under Rule 8.2.2.2.2.

Also the mags being spec'd are bone stock STI 126mm Mags (with some sort of base pad) and MBX 140mm Mags.

The market is calling for metal grips. There is money to be made. but the manufactures are not responding very fast. I know that there are other things on thier plates as well since only the grips wont pay the bills.

• 9 months later...

Just got my CK SS grip last week.

It does change the balance in a good way, but it does effect my transitions a bit. It is just a training issue that will take some time.

It is PLENTY grippy. Not a grippy as the other aggressive ones, but when you are shooting, there no movement at all, plus you don't get your hands chewed up when dry firing.

I was nervous that I wouldn't be happy with it, but so far so good. It really eats up the recoil quite a bit. I am glad that I didn't wait for a SV grip and pay the extra money as well.

Another note...I do have pretty small hands, and I don't have any issues at all with getting to the trigger. In fact, I think that the distance helps me keep from getting my trigger finger too far in.

Hope that helps someone out trying to make a decision.