Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this was cutting into some of Brazos upgraded edge sales, as I see he has changed the price to 2799. If I put my name on the list and 500 down I can probably have the money saved up for it when it comes in.

Well, anyone waiting for a DVC 38 Super Open.. You just moved up a spot. :surprise: Although I was in the # 1 slot at one of the largest dealers... I have gone in a different, and I believe, better direction. I was waiting for an update from Dustin promised last week on this site (May 7) but never heard anything since.

For a few hundred more I have a custom gun to shoot now.

Life is short. Shoot now. Wait later. I don't always shoot Open - but when I do - I shoot Now. :roflol:

:cheers: cheers

Well, anyone waiting for a DVC 38 Super Open.. You just moved up a spot. :surprise: Although I was in the # 1 slot at one of the largest dealers... I have gone in a different, and I believe, better direction. I was waiting for an update from Dustin promised last week on this site (May 7) but never heard anything since.

For a few hundred more I have a custom gun to shoot now.

Life is short. Shoot now. Wait later. I don't always shoot Open - but when I do - I shoot Now. :roflol:

:cheers: cheers

+1

I guess this was cutting into some of Brazos upgraded edge sales, as I see he has changed the price to 2799. If I put my name on the list and 500 down I can probably have the money saved up for it when it comes in.

I'm guessing it's more a function of demand - if he can get full MSRP might as well. Now, with Dawson still discounting he might find demand dropping a bit

I ordered a STI DVC open 9mm Feb 3rd... sent an email to Brazos and found I was 3rd on the list.. one was delivered so now I am 2nd on the list..... when I ordered it, I was told 6 to 8 weeks and has been 15 weeks...... if I had known I had to wait this long.. I prolly would have made a different choice..

seems to me when STI announced the new DVC pistols they would have had their vendors & production times in order..

while that might explain why the add'l 2700 orders won't be shipped for some time, doesn't really explain why it seems only one or two or three dozen DVC's have shipped. I love sti and as we all noted earlier don't want the DVC's rushed out the door without proper qc, but seriously they should have and be able to share some sort of production/shipping schedule at this point.

Well, it kind of does. If they expected to sell 300 in a year that's what 25/month right? Do you know how many they have shipped???

Don't bring that kind of logic in here. I expect updates 3x / week, including;

- How many total of each configuration / caliber have been produced total.

- How many total of each configuration / caliber have been produced since the prior update.

- Details on how many have been ordered by each distributor / retailer and where STI is in filling those orders, as well as letting us know which distributors have priority on guns in production.

- A detailed explanation on the reason for, and status of any production delays.

- Also, Dustin if you can do that thing with your finger? I know you say you don't like it but it makes the wait tolerable.

Well, it kind of does. If they expected to sell 300 in a year that's what 25/month right? Do you know how many they have shipped???

okay i guess i can see that logic. still i think it would behoove them to enlighten us rabid fans a little more than has been done. most of us like making informed decisions, and the wait time is certainly a big factor in the decision process.

if this is correct only 3 dozen shipped since introduction ? not a real impressive accomplishment... 36 guns divided by 20 weeks ? that's about 1-1/2 DVC's a week... if they have 3,000 orders... at that rate it will take STI over 200 weeks to fill the 3,000 orders.. that's taking into consideration there are no more orders placed... I for one won't wait that long... there are other options...

I ordered a STI DVC open 9mm Feb 3rd... sent an email to Brazos and found I was 3rd on the list.. one was delivered so now I am 2nd on the list..... when I ordered it, I was told 6 to 8 weeks and has been 15 weeks...... if I had known I had to wait this long.. I prolly would have made a different choice..

seems to me when STI announced the new DVC pistols they would have had their vendors & production times in order..

Then I must be number 2, I ordered mine on the 1/28/15 from Brazos.

I placed my order with Brazos for the DVC Limited 40cal on 1/28/15 and was told 2 weeks ago I was 1st in line and I'm still trying to be patient but damit it's killing me LOL.I don't understand why STI won't tell any of us when our gun will be finished and shipped. Maybe there is something I don't know...

I ask for the third time.

Dustin,

Question for you. if the Company that did your coatings on the barrels and comp didn't fair well shall we say and you only planned to sell 300 all year. That should mean you had less than 100 barrels coated on a good day and even received back. Seems there was a huge run of limited so let's say (60) limited barrel between 2 calibers and, (40) Open between 2 calibers. ( I believe they are high estimates ) when is the 1st batch of Open guns going out meaning more than 10? Seems to date only 2 have been shipped and no one has received any yet or at least posted about it.

Do you have a new company performing the coating or is it still in R&D? Since no open guns were shipped I am guessing you received no coated open barrels back for the general public and the ones that were received were only for the shooting team members.

As always appreciate the updates and all you do.

And the cancellations begin!!!!!!!

does anyone actually know of a DVC open (super or 9) in the wild? as in actually in the hands of a regular customer who ordered and purchased it through normal channels?

I was all set to put down money for a DVC open but my problem is I'm not even in the US. It's now nearly June and as best I can tell from talking to shooters in the US no one has seen a DVC open in the wild. That doesn't bode well for export sales.

2tap, out of interest after relinquishing your DVC open spot which model/brand open gun did you chose instead?

Yep, I got to play with a .38super at the Mississippi Classic. Trigger was nice gun looked good with a smooth fit frame to slide. Really nice gun not to be a full on custom costing $5,500 to $6,500 plus....

Edited by a matt

I ask for the third time.

Dustin,

Question for you. if the Company that did your coatings on the barrels and comp didn't fair well shall we say and you only planned to sell 300 all year. That should mean you had less than 100 barrels coated on a good day and even received back. Seems there was a huge run of limited so let's say (60) limited barrel between 2 calibers and, (40) Open between 2 calibers. ( I believe they are high estimates ) when is the 1st batch of Open guns going out meaning more than 10? Seems to date only 2 have been shipped and no one has received any yet or at least posted about it.

Do you have a new company performing the coating or is it still in R&D? Since no open guns were shipped I am guessing you received no coated open barrels back for the general public and the ones that were received were only for the shooting team members.

As always appreciate the updates and all you do.

And the cancellations begin!!!!!!!

Trunk you have been threatening to cancel for weeks. Please save us all from the suspense and do it already.

ZMEGO - It is more funny that you stay in touch with what is going on, but you don't actually want to know what is going on.

What about this idea. PRODUCE THE GUN!!!!!! I know, I know, its a hard concept. One day you will understand. :roflol: