Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the top part of mine slides back and forth when I shoot it, does anybody else's do that?

what do you mean by slide back and forth? Do you mean the slide to frame fit is loose?

my slide had a chip in it. Going to be sending it off in the next couple of days.

From the pic you sent it doesn't look like a chip. It looks like something made contact with the bottom of your slide. We have been using the same guy for hard chrome for years. He is one of the best in the business. We will know more when we get it back in house.

Edited by Dustint21

From reading through the thread and info on the STI sight, it sounds like STI came up with new (different?) trigger group components. If so, can they be interchanged with standard parts? Does anyone have an pics they could post? Thanks

Adam

Dustin,

Question for you. if the Company that did your coatings on the barrels and comp didn't fair well shall we say and you only planned to sell 300 all year. That should mean you had less than 100 barrels coated on a good day and even received back. Seems there was a huge run of limited so let's say (60) limited barrel between 2 calibers and, (40) Open between 2 calibers. ( I believe they are high estimates ) when is the 1st batch of Open guns going out meaning more than 10? Seems to date only 2 have been shipped and no one has received any yet or at least posted about it.

Do you have a new company performing the coating or is it still in R&D? Since no open guns were shipped I am guessing you received no coated open barrels back for the general public and the ones that were received were only for the shooting team members.

As always appreciate the updates and all you do.

It's a TiN coating on the barrels. Not exactly rocket science, and nothing new. I'd imagine it's more of an issue finding a vendor willing to 1) work on firearm parts 2) do relatively small batches, and 3) do both 1&2 at a reasonable price.

From reading through the thread and info on the STI sight, it sounds like STI came up with new (different?) trigger group components. If so, can they be interchanged with standard parts? Does anyone have an pics they could post? Thanks

Adam

Sti uses an interesting sear in that the safety could be applied with the hammer cocked or uncocked. its the only one i have encountered. I wonder if they eliminated this in the new sear

I called a major dealer for these yesterday and was very disappointed with the way i was treated by them over the phone. Basically was laughed at for trying to put in an order for one. They said good luck you may get one next year. Very bad service.