Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have seen and fondled 2 limited 40's. my impression of them is that it is a quality product. chrome was nice. action was smooth. The negatives i found was that both of them had lost the front screw and the grip screws were loose. the safety was mushy without the authoritive click i am used to. the recoil spring was way heavier than what most of the shooter that handled it were used to. it must be a 14 or 15. but this is a personal preference thing and is not a negative against STI. on one the over travel was mis adjusted and hitting the sear.

one got his in 1 1/2 month. the second got his in 3 1/2 months. another person that ordered about the same time as number 2 is still waiting for his. they were ordered from 3 different places.

Edited by Sandbagger123

Has anyone got these guns yet? I know of one sponsored shooter that has his, but he has had it for a while. Is it just hit and miss?

Edited by a matt

Has anyone got these guns yet? I know of one sponsored shooter that has his, but he has had it for a while. Is it just hit and miss?

Very few from what I have heard and read...starting to get a bit concerned about this wait.

I am just wondering when the cancellations might start? Good thing they are both priced right. I think that will keep some interest.

Still no "OPENS" They must still be sitting on the bench waiting for Barrels to be coated/Fitted/Hard Chromed/Something. I know Dustin said a week or so ago, some where going for hard chrome and it takes a few weeks. Also, they were making runs of both guns everyday. One would think more guns would be coming to market. I know all of STI was working OT to catch up with the demand ( Thank you for that )

Keep your heads up. Maybe in June. :angry2:

Very few from what I have heard and read...starting to get a bit concerned about this wait.

You are starting to be that guy. Don't be that guy.

I am that guy pipes...just been real quiet lately and patience is not one of my strong points.

I am that guy pipes...just been real quiet lately and patience is not one of my strong points.

From someone who has worked on / led a lot of projects, things have a way of falling behind when you depend on external parties (i.e, TiN coating vendors). But we still put together a project plan and timeline. If and when things fall behind, we let stakeholders know, and that's about the extent of it if we have our way. One question will lead to a hundred, and before we know it we're taking manpower off a project to explain the delay in detail. The right time for a post-mortem is when things are back on track and in steady state. If we want twice weekly updates and details on delays, you're probably taking 4-8 hours a week from production folks - time probably better invested in making guns.

Don't be that guy. Really.

I am staying POSITIVE pretty sure Grand Pa and I are going to receive our two 9 opens this week. Ordered from Dawson 21JAN15 If not this week then next week for sure

And they will be well worth the wait.

I received mine a few weeks ago, they are getting out there. Not everyone who buys a STI posts on here. I am sure they are trying their best, it will take a little time to get them out in volume.

From someone who has worked on / led a lot of projects, things have a way of falling behind when you depend on external parties (i.e, TiN coating vendors). But we still put together a project plan and timeline. If and when things fall behind, we let stakeholders know, and that's about the extent of it if we have our way. One question will lead to a hundred, and before we know it we're taking manpower off a project to explain the delay in detail. The right time for a post-mortem is when things are back on track and in steady state. If we want twice weekly updates and details on delays, you're probably taking 4-8 hours a week from production folks - time probably better invested in making guns.

I'm not asking for twice weekly reports and I think that even if there were frequent updates you're not taking 4-8 hours away from production work, come on man. I'm not trying to cause a panic, I'm sure we will all get our guns but the wait time has me concerned that it won't be anytime soon. Not threatening to cancel or blaming anyone so what kind of guy am I being...yes a guy that's concerned he won't get his new gun that he ordered in time for the shooting season. Settle down people.

I'm not asking for twice weekly reports and I think that even if there were frequent updates you're not taking 4-8 hours away from production work, come on man. I'm not trying to cause a panic, I'm sure we will all get our guns but the wait time has me concerned that it won't be anytime soon. Not threatening to cancel or blaming anyone so what kind of guy am I being...yes a guy that's concerned he won't get his new gun that he ordered in time for the shooting season. Settle down people.

I'm settled. I don't have a major limited gun for Area 7, and I'll be shooting my 9mm Limited until my DVC comes. Being nervous or getting an update won't make it come any faster. So I wait :)

I received mine a few weeks ago, they are getting out there. Not everyone who buys a STI posts on here. I am sure they are trying their best, it will take a little time to get them out in volume.

Is yours an open? 9 or super? And most importantly what do you think of it? :)

post-32402-0-49315800-1431452487_thumb.j

Is yours an open? 9 or super? And most importantly what do you think of it? :)

Mine is a Limited 40. Only fired a little over 200 rounds from it so far, not much to report. It's nice. I will know more by the end of next month.

Still anxiously awaiting mine too (Limited .40). Ordered from Brazos mid-February. I checked with them back on April 23rd and apparently there are 8 people ahead of me on it (I'm pretty sure that's 8 people waiting on Limited .40's rather than DVC's in general, but I didn't want to pester for clarification).

Still keeping on shooting Production for now. I'm trying to mostly forget that I've even got the gun on order (kind of a "watched pot never boils" kinda thing :)).

I really don't care what brand or division firearm you are talking about, rarely do any of them deliver quickly or when promised unless it is a stocked production gun. But I think people even have to wait for G34s these days...