Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate STI spreading the love around to its dealers. Seems every dealer who ordered early at least got one. I met a guy who lives about an hour away from me in Champaign, IL and his dealer got only one as well. I put another 100 rounds through mine and it's already loosing up nicely. Now time to order some MBX magazines.

DVC has been delivered, going to the gun shop after work! Can't wait!

Congratulations, this gives me a bit more hope than I had yesterday when Dustin said months. I know you ordered from Dawson and I am number 10 on the list, hopeful to get the call soon. Don't know whey Dawson said another month when I spoke with them?

20150422_172505-1_zpszekjeakm.jpg

Picked her up today and then ran 100 rounds through her. I used the stock mags. I encountered 4 stove pipes. Oddly enough it was the last round fired. I was using Federal 115g ammunition factory new. I am going to continue breaking in this pistol.

Initial impressions on shooting it. The trigger is crisp, however there is some slop and pre-travel. It is light and muzzle flip was significantly reduced. Accuracy is phenomenal. I shot the pistol at 3 and 5 yards to see where I am hitting. At 3 it was low about 3 inches from the x. At 5 yards it was shooting left and line from the x.

The fit between frame and slide is very tight. I like it. The Hard Chrome is aesthetically pleasing. Take the pistol apart is a cinch. No more bushing tools, you can break it down with out them.

Overall impressions, it is very nice and I am glad I waited. It was worth the wait.

Edited by audani77

How does everyone know where they are on the list. Will Dawson tell you if you ask?

Yes. They will tell you. Make sure you ask if they are sure what place you are. There are a few people here that have heard one thing only to hear another a few weeks later. Like me. I was told I was first in line for a Open 9mm. ( Was told this twice ) Only to call back and hear I was now 8th.

So besides someone mentioning at a local match that they turned down a LTD 9 from Brazos, has anyone here heard anything directly from Brazos? I'm (impatiently) waiting on a LTD .40 from Brazos...

On a side note, I've read that the STI Edge .40 likes longer than factory OAL cartridges (1.185" as opposed to 1.125"). It may be too early to ask, but does anyone with a .40 DVC have any insight? Might as well get some test loads worked up while I (impatiently) wait....

How does everyone know where they are on the list. Will Dawson tell you if you ask?

Yes. They will tell you. Make sure you ask if they are sure what place you are. There are a few people here that have heard one thing only to hear another a few weeks later. Like me. I was told I was first in line for a Open 9mm. ( Was told this twice ) Only to call back and hear I was now 8th.

In order tofind out where you are in the list, the person on the phone has to check Quick Books, not the order board.

So besides someone mentioning at a local match that they turned down a LTD 9 from Brazos, has anyone here heard anything directly from Brazos? I'm (impatiently) waiting on a LTD .40 from Brazos...

On a side note, I've read that the STI Edge .40 likes longer than factory OAL cartridges (1.185" as opposed to 1.125"). It may be too early to ask, but does anyone with a .40 DVC have any insight? Might as well get some test loads worked up while I (impatiently) wait....

I find it very hard to believe that the DVC will not accommodate longer OALs like the Edge. Maybe Dustin can clarify for us?

I find it very hard to believe that the DVC will not accommodate longer OALs like the Edge. Maybe Dustin can clarify for us?

There is no geometry change between the two pistol that I am aware.

Picked my limited .40 up from dawson last night. Very sharp looking gun in person. Exactly what I had expected from STI. I had requested at the time of order that a gunsmith blank trigger be installed and I'd whittle it down to fit later. Dawson didn't feel comfortable fitting a trigger shoe with the new geometry of the trigger components. My question to Dustin is, who would STI recommend for a trigger shoe fitting? I assume pretty much no one has any experience with the new geometry that y'all are using now but I've also seen at least one of your team shooters rocking gunsmith blanks on their gun. If it's just like it always has been, I'll just use my local gunsmith but if Dawson's caution was warranted, I don't wanna mess it up in the process with someone whose hubris outweighs their skill. Thanks in advance.

Picked my limited .40 up from dawson last night. Very sharp looking gun in person. Exactly what I had expected from STI. I had requested at the time of order that a gunsmith blank trigger be installed and I'd whittle it down to fit later. Dawson didn't feel comfortable fitting a trigger shoe with the new geometry of the trigger components. My question to Dustin is, who would STI recommend for a trigger shoe fitting? I assume pretty much no one has any experience with the new geometry that y'all are using now but I've also seen at least one of your team shooters rocking gunsmith blanks on their gun. If it's just like it always has been, I'll just use my local gunsmith but if Dawson's caution was warranted, I don't wanna mess it up in the process with someone whose hubris outweighs their skill. Thanks in advance.

My best advise would be to send it back to the custom shop here at STI.