Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 FNH Championship

Bipod studs, small sections of rail, and even small handstops or barricade stops are not a problem. Intent is the issue. When a shooter is pushing the rules we consider it an unfair advantage. The Silo is a neat piece of gear and it has obvious advantages. It belongs in Open, along with Weibad bags, forward grips (if used for support), bipods, and bipods built out of magazines. Yeah, someone tried that once. They got moved to Open.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt see anything in the rules about flashlights mounted on pistols. Would that be considered a weight? I am in Heavy Metal Scope Division..

Also in Heavy Metal Scope Division I noticed that coupled mags are not allowed. I will have to keep an eye out for Erik Lund. LOL last year he had coupled SCAR17 mags. And I thought that was a great idea. But alas the rules do not allow it.

5.5.3.6 Magazines may not be coupled together

Edited by Solscud007

Can anyone help clarify this?

5.5.4.7 Not more than nine (9) rounds total may be loaded at anytime, unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing.
According to that rule, even if I can fit 13 rounds in my shotgun, I can't top off after the start of the stage? This is for Heavy Metal Scope.

Heavy Metal shooters or those who want to be heavy metal shooters. We are adjusting the rules to help you out.

You must shoot a 12 ga shotgun, 45 acp pistol and 308 rifle. For the 2015 match, you will only be required 1 hit anywhere on paper to be considered neutralized.

Single stack shooters can use 170mm mags, 10 round limit in handgun mags, 20 round limit in rifle mags and 9 round limit anytime in shotguns.

We will only have one division....Heavy Optics.

I am super jazzed. LOL Makes it easier for me YAY

RE: 9 rounds in HMO. You don't have to plug it, but no more than 9 rounds at any time means exactly what it says.

I'll check with the big boss, but in my opinion lights are not weights, providing they work, and they must remain on the gun at all times.

Last year the rules were different so it doesn't matter what Eric did then.

H-

• 2 weeks later...

There are a variety of magazine base plates that have changed the angle of the magazine in order to better act as a support when prone.

Are these considered open equipment at FNH. I see the comment above about "magazines used as bi pods".

There are a variety of magazine base plates that have changed the angle of the magazine in order to better act as a support when prone.

Are these considered open equipment at FNH. I see the comment above about "magazines used as bi pods".

I think monopoding on a mag, and even a pair of coupled mags is ok but I leave that to the people that know more than me

On an unrelated note, BE says your from Lapeer, I grew up just down the road in Lake Orion. Some good friends of mine still live in Metamora/Lapeer

Is there food served at the match or should I brown bag it?

Louu, are you shooting the match? Email from Linda dated 8/14 said there would be food on site during lunch hours by Emmanual Trinity Lutheran Church.

That is correct and the food was very good last year.

I didnt see anything in the rules about flashlights mounted on pistols. Would that be considered a weight? I am in Heavy Metal Scope Division..

Also in Heavy Metal Scope Division I noticed that coupled mags are not allowed. I will have to keep an eye out for Erik Lund. LOL last year he had coupled SCAR17 mags. And I thought that was a great idea. But alas the rules do not allow it.

5.5.3.6 Magazines may not be coupled together

Yep I missed changing that this year to allow coupled mags however since you pointed it out, I will leave it alone and not change it this late! Thanks for making my work load lighter.

RE: 9 rounds in HMO. You don't have to plug it, but no more than 9 rounds at any time means exactly what it says.

I'll check with the big boss, but in my opinion lights are not weights, providing they work, and they must remain on the gun at all times.

Last year the rules were different so it doesn't matter what Eric did then.

H-

Howard, you are correct, lights are allowed as long as they stay on the firearms for the entire match! If you are found removing them as you see it necessary and are caught doing so, you will removed from the match for "unsportsmanlike conduct".

I'm not sure if this is a question for Ms. Chico or Mr. Houck, but is there a way I can get a media graphic pack for use on my YouTube video of this year's match?

I really would like to include the official logo of this year's match, along with giving credit to the match sponsors. After all without them Mr. Houck, or Ms. Chico none of this is happening.

I would have emailed directly, but I wasn't sure which of the two would be the one to talk to, or if there is someone else not noted on the website.

I'm a little confused about the shotgun capacity limit in Tac Ops. It says 9 in the gun. I heard you can only start with 9 but after the beep you can put as many as you want. What's the deal?

If it's 9 max ever should I plug my tube to 8?

Also are mag coupler's for the rifle permitted, I think I read it right in the rules they are but just want to be sure.

Open Division - does not specify but its open so unless I'm wrong I would assume yes.

Tactical Scope Division - 5.3.3.5 Drum magazines are prohibited. Coupled magazines are permitted (no more than two may be coupled together)

Tactical Limited Division - 5.4.3.4 Drum magazines are prohibited. Coupled magazines are permitted (no more than two may be coupled together)

Meavy Metal Scope Division - 5.5.3.6 Magazines may not be coupled together. * Please read this note from the MD (Post #139) "Yep I missed changing that this year to allow coupled mags however since you pointed it out, I will leave it alone and not change it this late!"

Edited by jackson923