Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 FNH Championship

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what youze guys are saying is if your not good at it or its difficult the match shouldn't have that type of target? Or give you a free pass on the penalty?

It's called 3 Gun. Witch means you use all 3 guns in every discipline, bullseye, service rifle, sporting clays, slugs, USPSA, etc...

Actually that is what I have a slight issue with. Just because the 3 guns can be used for many things, it doesn't mean they need to be used that way in 3gun. We are wondering off topic here, because really I think the match was awesome so this not a complaint about it, but I think we shouldn't start having 1000 yard shots because rifles could do that, or starting having complex on report multi clay presentations because shotguns could do that or 25 yard minuscule pistol targets because pistols could do that.

It is a game, but it is a "practical/tactical" type game, so at some point it becomes something else that isn't that. If I wanted to shoot clays, I could shoot clays instead of 3gun matches.

Everything in moderation.

Vlad is a no vote, but Lou is a Yes vote, Decisions, decisions!

It would only be 2-3 clays in Pit 6, assuming that I can get the pit. We should expose all our friends to the joys and challenges of big time 3GN matches.

I understand what louu is saying, 3GN shuold encompass all aspects of shooting, there should be wide open hosers and tight accuracy, stationary shooting and shooting on the move, static targets and movers.

I've got no problem with flying clays of any sort, as long as the presentation is consistent for all shooters. And I say that as someone who is a combined 1/10 or so on flyers in my last two major matches.

I do think there should be a larger penalty for not shooting at them at all vs engaging and not hitting. FTE vs FTN.

I've got no problem with flying clays of any sort, as long as the presentation is consistent for all shooters. And I say that as someone who is a combined 1/10 or so on flyers in my last two major matches.

I do think there should be a larger penalty for not shooting at them at all vs engaging and not hitting. FTE vs FTN.

Yes to this. If you shoot at it at least then maybe a 5 second miss. I am not afraid to admit that I sucked at this. I hit the first one but missed the next five. My score was bad but apparently would have been somewhat better if I would have ignored them altogether and just shot the remaining steel.

Actually that is what I have a slight issue with. Just because the 3 guns can be used for many things, it doesn't mean they need to be used that way in 3gun. We are wondering off topic here, because really I think the match was awesome so this not a complaint about it, but I think we shouldn't start having 1000 yard shots because rifles could do that, or starting having complex on report multi clay presentations because shotguns could do that or 25 yard minuscule pistol targets because pistols could do that.

It is a game, but it is a "practical/tactical" type game, so at some point it becomes something else that isn't that. If I wanted to shoot clays, I could shoot clays instead of 3gun matches.

Everything in moderation.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I am appreciative that FNH gives some leeway with slugs targets and doesn't try to stuff in buckshot elements just because a shotgun can shoot them. The game ends up being plenty complex without having to incorporate more categories of shooting with the 3 guns you are using already.

With the availability of low cost drones, aerial targets are "practical / tactical". Are Texas Stars, Polish Plate racks any more practical than a flying clay?

Alma, the penalty for an unhit clay was the same for an unhit paper target for Heavy Optics. There was no failure to neutralize in that division.

On the other hand, I've seen the rules at FNH change to some degree every year. There may not ever be aerial clays in the match again. Larry likes to keep the shooters unbalanced, and not only in a small shooting box. :roflol:

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Vlad is a no vote, but Lou is a Yes vote, Decisions, decisions!

It would only be 2-3 clays in Pit 6, assuming that I can get the pit. We should expose all our friends to the joys and challenges of big time 3GN matches.

I understand what louu is saying, 3GN shuold encompass all aspects of shooting, there should be wide open hosers and tight accuracy, stationary shooting and shooting on the move, static targets and movers.

Jim....82287-Starsky-Hutch-DO-IT-meme-PQXx.jpeg

The flippers are actually a harder target as they are only visible for a very short time and there may be more than one at a time. This was just something we don't see at every match.

That's not even close to being correct. I've shot a lot of Trap and Skeet, and a bit of 5 Stand, and those fliers required a much greater ability to hit than shooting flippers. I enjoyed the fliers and would love to see them again next year but to say that they are harder targets than flippers is just not so.

Fantastic match! RO on stage one had logged 17.1 miles on his pedometer by the time we got there...another there was doing push ups between shooters! Those guys were nuts! That being said...Im truly grateful for their service.

I am still recovering from setting so much steel on stage 4. Three blisters on my feet. Had alot of fun watching people shoot and reconnecting with people that I haven't seen for a while .

Fantastic match! RO on stage one had logged 17.1 miles on his pedometer by the time we got there...another there was doing push ups between shooters! Those guys were nuts! That being said...Im truly grateful for their service.

There were burpee penalties imposed if an RO forgot to return the ammo can to the start line. All in all, we logged over 54 miles over the three days. We had a ball and it was our pleasure to give back to the shooting community that's been so good to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk