Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 FNH Championship

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2015 FNH USA 3 Gun Championship will be held September 3 - 5 in Glengary WV at the Peacemaker National Training Center range. Staff will shoot on September 1 - 2. Applications for the match will be available April 1 starting at noon Eastern time. Link to the application: https://clubs.practiscore.com/2015-fnh-usa-3-gun-match/register

New this year - from April 1 at noon until April 3 at noon, I will only accept applications from previous competitors. There is a space on the application to indicate the last year you shot the FNH USA 3 Gun. After I look up your name on a list, I will approve the application & you will get payment instructions sent by the Practiscore application. First time shooters at FNH USA 3 Gun can submit applications after noon on April 3. Any new applications submitted earlier will be deleted.

NO PAPER APPLICATIONS this year. You will still have to use a stamp to mail your payment (check or money order) and a copy of your "approval" email. Please remember that payment is to “FNH USA.” Every year I need to return checks made payable to me. I am a volunteer – not an FNH USA employee.

Cost is $295 entry fee ($150 for juniors), plus optional costs like $20 per match shirt and/or $25 for guest banquet tickets.

Payment must be postmarked by April 17. After that, approval will be withdrawn & the application moves to the back of the waiting list. Contact me individually for "special exceptions:" deployed military personnel, out of USA applicants, etc. When I say contact - I mean by email to LChico@sc.rr.com. Please do not send me messages regarding the match on social media or online forums. I have a VERY old-fashioned phone that works for voice only – no text messages or email messages go to my phone.

I cannot stress enough that the email address you put on that application must be correct. Any information I try to send you will get lost if you provide the wrong email information. Double check the application before you hit submit.

The Practiscore program automatically adds a link to your application information on most ‘program generated email messages’ and automatically prompts you to use it to squad. Note: SQUADDING IS NOT AVAILABLE YET. Self squadding will open up in late May. You will get specific instructions about how & when to squad about 2 weeks before it opens. Please do not send me squad requests.

Linda Chico

FNH USA 3 Gun Statistician

LChico@sc.rr.com

803-629-7095 from noon to midnight (voice only)

• 3 weeks later...

If you notice, there are a lot of match registrations that open quietly now. I think it's because everyone figures no sense in waking up those shooters who are asleep at the wheel. Let the guys that are waiting and ready have the slots. :)

Vlad, I'm working, so, I'm already in.

I'm skipping working it this year. After 3 years in a row, I want to see how the other half lives so I'm just shooting it this year.

Vlad, I'm working, so, I'm already in.

I'm skipping working it this year. After 3 years in a row, I want to see how the other half lives so I'm just shooting it this year.

So your sick of me? Edited by bmiller

I'm in. I've entered this match every year, but have had to bail every time. Not doing that this year. It runs smoothly because Linda. So when the Navy Seal Foundation Match opens that will make a major 3 Gun match every month for me. And some months with a shotgun match added. And not having to go west of Mississippi to do it. Never been like this in 3 Gun. Bryan, I agree.

I tried to book a room atHampton Inn Winchester using FNHUSA to get group rate and they have no record of FNH. Has match hotel moved? Thanks

We have not had a special rate for shooters at the match hotel (or any hotel for that matter) for the last few years. The only group rate at the "host" hotel is for staff. It is the "host" hotel because we have registration and shooters meetings there.

• 1 month later...

Hello All

I'd like to attend this match but am yet to hear back.

Anyone that has a slot they want to sell, I'd buy it.

Please post here or email me at Hill99.Rich@yahoo.com

Thank you

First, who did you try to contact? A link to the application & to my email address are available in several messages within this forum thread. I have searched all my email folders since January for your email address or a message I neglected to answer, and see nothing. Again, my contact information for this match is a.) all over this thread, and b.) all over the match website: http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G.html.
Second, if you had contacted me, I would have sent you to the match website to fill out an application. On the webpage with the link to the application (http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G/Application.html) it says:
The 2015 FNH USA 3 Gun Championship main match (September 3rd through the 5th) is FULL. When you complete the application, you are simply placing your name on a waiting list.
I do not assign waiting list numbers until you fill out an application. There are currently 58 people on a waiting list.
Third, you cannot "buy" a slot from someone. There is a waiting list and anyone who has to withdraw from the match will be replaced by someone on the waiting list, in the order they joined the waiting list. That is what I call "fair," and I suspect that everyone on the waiting list would agree.
Finally, I will not let someone who purchased a slot this way shoot the match. Period. We have a process that is fair and has served us well for years. It gets refunds for shooters who would either never get them, or might get partial refunds from other matches. It puts "late arrivals" in the match, avoiding a late fee. I take a very dim view of someone trying to 'game' that system.
Okay . . . time to calm down & get a cup of coffee.

LOL @ Linda. When I read the post from the guy trying to buy a slot I thought oh boy, I definitely need to check back for Linda's response. Your reply made my day ms. Chico. ;)

I sent an email message regarding self-squadding to everyone in the match who is eligible to squad. The email was sent to the contact email address provided on your application. You are not able to self squad if you are shooting the staff match. You will not be able to squad if you are on the waiting list or have not paid the match fees. If you ARE eligible to squad and did not get an email from me, please contact me via email (LChico@sc.rr.com). Below is the text of the email sent:

Self squadding for the FNH USA 3 Gun match will open the last week of May. In order to squad, you will need the link to your “Personal Match Management Page.” It was sent to you in the email message you received when you completed the application with the subject line: [Match Management] Thank you for registering in 2015 FNH USA 3 Gun Match. If you cannot find that link, contact me via email message and I will send it again. Please note that I am sending this now, so that you have time to locate that link or request that I send it to you again. Please don’t wait until an hour before squadding opens to send me a request to re-send your link.

Squadding for PM-AM-PM scheduled shooters (Squads 10 through 16) will open Wednesday, May 27 at noon Eastern time.

Squadding for AM-PM-AM scheduled shooters (Squads 1 through 9) will open Friday May 29 at noon Eastern time.

Once it opens May 27 & May 29, if you select a time schedule that is different from the time on your application, I will delete your squad choice & you will need to select a squad on the correct schedule.

One issue I have seen in the past with self-squadding, is that two friends will get on a squad, but it fills before two other shooters who are travelling with them get to join the squad. There is one way to make sure you are on the same squad with your friends, whether you are trying to put 2 shooters together or ten: Contact your friends before May 27. One person should be designated to sign up all the people you want to squad together. Email your links to that person. On May 27 or May 29, that person signs up everyone who wants to be on the same squad.

If you are not squadded by June 15, I will select your squad.

Linda Chico

803-629-7095 (voice only, no text or data)

• 4 weeks later...

Heavy Metal shooters or those who want to be heavy metal shooters. We are adjusting the rules to help you out.

You must shoot a 12 ga shotgun, 45 acp pistol and 308 rifle. For the 2015 match, you will only be required 1 hit anywhere on paper to be considered neutralized.

Single stack shooters can use 170mm mags, 10 round limit in handgun mags, 20 round limit in rifle mags and 9 round limit anytime in shotguns.

We will only have one division....Heavy Optics.