Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex introducing new 3-gun scope?

ambluemax

New catalogs are out as of yesterday 12/8/14. I think the web will be updated Jan 1, 2015. Pm me for a catalog if you'd like.

Thanks, I can just wait for the website. I'm just considering an upgrade for my back up rifle. Main rifle has a Gen II HD 1-6x w/ JM retical so something inexpensive with a similar hash marks would be good but its not urgent.

Thanks for the info.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex has scopes made in Japan, Philippine's and China. High line = Japan , midline = Philippines , low line = China. My guess is that Jessie is right. At best its made in the Philippines.

Just a heads up guys!

Yep. It is what it is. You can't have all the features and a low price tag without some sort of trade off. Good thing vortex has top notch customer service if anything ever happens.

I could be wrong but the way I understood it the illumination will be bright but maybe not quite daylight bright, and definitely not razor hd bright. I once read a lengthy article on optic illumination that made my head hurt, all I took away from it is that there's several ways of doing it and the best (brightest) are exponentially more expensive than what you'll ever see in this price range.

Damn I was hoping Vortex would come out with a mid priced 1-6x. I'm already in the $250-400 scope category and I'm looking to move up but not quite $1400 Razor HD up. Something like a Razor Lite in the $700-900 range would be perfect. And maybe a reticle with more reference points for wind holds. I like the idea of the reticles in the Razor series but I never get to shoot longer range in anything less than 15mph winds and those reticles hang me out to dry.

The average match Doesn't shoot past 300. 300 and in doesn't need any reticle.

Thats why most off the shelf "ar's" have a built in vent rib just like a nice shotgun. who needs plastic flip up sights? while test firing uppers at the range (without any sight equipment)i just aimed down the top rail like a shotgun and made hits at 300. everyone was impressed.... I wasn't....

at 300 do you actually aim with the first BDC line or do you just hold a hair high if anything? at 300 I just mid high on the target with the center crosshair or dot.

Damn I was hoping Vortex would come out with a mid priced 1-6x. I'm already in the $250-400 scope category and I'm looking to move up but not quite $1400 Razor HD up. Something like a Razor Lite in the $700-900 range would be perfect. And maybe a reticle with more reference points for wind holds. I like the idea of the reticles in the Razor series but I never get to shoot longer range in anything less than 15mph winds and those reticles hang me out to dry.

The average match Doesn't shoot past 300. 300 and in doesn't need any reticle.
Thats why most off the shelf "ar's" have a built in vent rib just like a nice shotgun. who needs plastic flip up sights? while test firing uppers at the range (without any sight equipment)i just aimed down the top rail like a shotgun and made hits at 300. everyone was impressed.... I wasn't....

at 300 do you actually aim with the first BDC line or do you just hold a hair high if anything? at 300 I just mid high on the target with the center crosshair or dot.

I zero at 300 with the first BDC mark. Back when I ran a tr24 before anybody had s good BDC in a 1-4 I zeroed at 300 and used a 6:00 hold on the close stuff.