Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex introducing new 3-gun scope?

ambluemax

Dang! I just ordered a PST! Great timing, huh? Glad it's SFP. I was looking at the Bushnell 1-4 30mm for an inexpensive optic, but when I saw it was FFP I lost interest. I have a Weaver 1-5 that is FFP. Not a huge fan of it, though it's usable. At 1x the reticle is pretty fine. At 5x it's pretty course.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Straight from Vortex; Strike fire is Made in China..

Release date was Spring, NOW set for LATE Summer..

Bad part is there are 2 other scopes already out that LOOK exactly like the Vortex

This scope maybe a wait and see

Burris 1-4 is looking better all the time

Pretty sure you mean StrikeEagle ... and on the very first page someone from Vortex even stated Summer. Sure it may have been estimated to come sooner, but it was never stated as such

Primary Arms is similar so that's 1 ...

Edited by IntenseImage

1st) Strike eagle 1-6 , 2nd) CCOP 1-6, 3rd) Primary Arms 1-6 They all look the same, and all made in China

What's the CCOP?

I agree the StrikeEagle and The Primary Arms scope are very similar. Knowing China one scope goes out the front door with one reticle the next scope goes out the side door with a different reticle etc etc.

CCOP is another 1-6 being sold on amazon. The Vortex name alone should hold to a higher quality standard than most, but as you said they all may have been made at the same plant with different labels for manufactures sales. I would like to see Vortex step up with more information like a field demonstration of what this scope has to offer. Better yet a apples to apples comparison with those two other scopes which are already out, and available . Were all willing to WAIT, but for what exactly , yes a warranty that cost $100.00 more than brand X... NA!

If the Vortex is the same scope as the one from Primary Arms and CCOP, why would it take so long to get them onto the store shelves?

I'm hoping they are not the same scope and for the extra $$$ we will get something of value.

But instead of spending my money, I'll let the experts (i.e. Jesse) do the field tests.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Apologies if this was already posted.
Est. availability June. MSRP 429$ CAD
Hands on its a really nice alternative to the razor for a great price. I only wish they offered different reticles.

jHhfzfpm.jpgnN1qXOsh.jpg

I'd rather at least have it made in a US ally than China. Maybe that sounds harsh, but I'd rather boost an ally's economy than China. We don't always have easy choices in some markets, I know. However in this case we have a few more options. That's just one opinion. Could be a nifty scope otherwise.

I've already placed my order with vortex for a Strike Eagle; Promotive pricing makes it a no brainer and I'm a fan of the brand. I'll just keep shooting with my red dot until it arrives. I was going to order a Razor and I still will, but in the mean time I'll put the strike eagle through some abuse and see how it fares. However it works out I'll give an honest report, and if it breaks I know Vortex will take care of me.

Jesse like to here your opinion on the CCOP scope . 2015 shot show Vortex showed there new Strike Eagle scope we heard how nice it is, a new retical, and what a big seller its going to be."Vortex" it sounds nice, but we like to look under the hood.

Anyone else hesitant to run cheap glass especially when they get banged around? I love the 1-6 part I just wish it came in more in line with pst pricing at a minimum

This price point is not IMHO a traveling scope. Its an entry level club match sorta product IMHO. Much like the $5-600 shotguns.

It looks like a good value, but will it hold up to the abuse we put them thru. I have run a Vortex Razor JM HD for a couple of years and beat the snot out of it banging in on things, bouncing around with slings, and occasionally having to mortar a stuck round out with no change in zero. On my light weight rifle I put a PA 1-6 to see how I like it and to keep the weight down and the first time I banged it hard on a prop it went 5" off zero at 50 yards. Didn't notice it until I went to shoot a long range stage. The difference between a $1400 tank and a $300 scope..

gerritm

Anyone else hesitant to run cheap glass especially when they get banged around? I love the 1-6 part I just wish it came in more in line with pst pricing at a minimum

This price point is not IMHO a traveling scope. Its an entry level club match sorta product IMHO. Much like the $5-600 shotguns.

That's kind of what I expected as it's basically the cocaine sprinkled on the donut to get you hooked. If it's not a range toy that gets set down gently I'll stick to the higher end stuff

• 1 month later...

Vortex has a couple of new Pic's showing the Strike Eagle one is a looking through the glass at a stop sign at 100 yrds .( Jesse ) Have you been holding out on us :angry: