Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex introducing new 3-gun scope?

ambluemax

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse It sounded like Optics planet was letting you grab there first #1. There site reads 4-7 weeks out, but under $300 is a great price Thanks

Sorry no. I grabbed that pic off the OP Instagram feed. They sell more Vortex, Eotech, Aimpoint optics then any other retailer. So they get new product really early. Jeremy was doing a write up in the new Aimpoint a month before they hit the shelves.

Do you guys think I would be better served by this scope or the viper pst? I'm looking for as clear of glass as I can get for the $500 mark. We normally have shots out past 450 yard monthly (normally just 1 target) Farthest shot in the past 2 years has been 725yd.

Do you guys think I would be better served by this scope or the viper pst? I'm looking for as clear of glass as I can get for the $500 mark. We normally have shots out past 450 yard monthly (normally just 1 target) Farthest shot in the past 2 years has been 725yd.

If you're shooting past 300 regularly I think you'll be happier with 6x more then 4x

725 yards??? WTF!!!

And here I thought I had to deal with long shots. I imagine the Viper will have slightly better glass than the SE, but I don't know as I haven't seen the SE yet. I picked the SE over the viper due to the extra mag and the ability to quickly range an 18" target.

If you're shooting past 300 regularly I think you'll be happier with 6x more then 4x

725 yards??? WTF!!!

Peacemaker has the ability so sometimes they feel the need to use it lol.

725 yards??? WTF!!!

Peacemaker has the ability so sometimes they feel the need to use it lol.
Shooting the DMR matches there changed my view of "long range" at 3gun match.

A stage with seven targets. Closest was 465, longest 625 and five more staggered in the 500-550 range.

Stage cleaned with 16" gun and 1-6 scope 3gun gear.

Sorry for the crappy i phone pics, but wanted to get some pics up for you guys to see. Just had enough time to snap a few pics, should have chose better shots, but it was too hot out, and I was just trying to get a few quick ones! Shot from under my patio, facing east, around 2:30pm in AZ

Illum looks better in person than in the photos

1st 2 pics are my Razor HD gen II for somewhat of a comparison

IMG_5970_zpsjgnhmtl2.png

IMG_5969_zpsojtr20cs.png

IMG_5971_zpsp9w3qttd.png

IMG_5977_zpsjgodgaff.png

Thanks for sharing the pics, guys.

I've been waiting to get some impressions from owners (hopefully there are no bugs to worked out in these) before getting one of these myself. I just wish it had a dot in the reticle. I'm not sure if I'd use the point where the crosshairs meet, or use that little tip of the vertical crosshair that sticks up above the horizontal, like that was a dot.