Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what AR mag pouch?

The ready tactical is pretty hard to beat....I'd pick it up from this fella. Amazing service and huge supporter of the sport and the forum.

http://cpwsa.com/collections/ar15-custom-parts-and-accessories/products/ready-tactical-products-ready-tactical-ar-mag-pouch

Thanks for finding me my new mag pouch!

Have a bladetech injected molded one I clip on for the sole purpose of reload from belt stages. For regular stages, I put an appropriate mag in the gun to finish the stage. I just throw a spare in the back pocket as kinda an emergency mag. I havent needed to use it yet

... For regular stages, I put an appropriate mag in the gun to finish the stage. I just throw a spare in the back pocket as kinda an emergency mag. I havent needed to use it yet

This is basically all the use my pouch sees, mandatory reloads and holding an emergency mag.

Fastest reload is the one you don't have to make. Get a Magpul 40 and stick a TTI extension on there. Use a mag pouch for emergency and/or required reloads from the belt and then have two 30 rounders coupled. 3Gun is like golf - you don't know which club your going to need until you step up to the ball. Blade Tech AR pouch for me.

HSGI TACO nylon pouch. It retains very well and I have never had the issue with a magazine binding as has been the case with the kydex holders I have tried.

+1

Also the added benifit of when picking up someone elses mags during range reset, AK / .308's or sti/glock/m&p/1911's, they still fit

New comp-tac mag holder. Retention is good and they kind of pop out easily. Also bullets can face either direction. And is adjustable for cant.

I'll see your "either direction" and raise you "upside down or right-side up" for the TACOs. Why would we care about this? Well, trying out a suggestion I ran across on this forum, when I hit a stage with a required off-the-belt reload (like Times 223) I move the TACO to front-left (in front of my pistol mag pouches, as I shoot righty), insert a long (40+ round) magazine upright with bullets facing the right, and then merely have to drop my hand straight down when I get to the reload. It's fast—you basically just lift the mag straight into the rifle with a travel distance of less than 12 inches.

does it really matter?

I say yes and no. I use what I feel comfortable and train with. Most matches I see, from new guys to pros run Safariland, Bladetech or Comptac. I have use all of those plus some others over the years (to include HSGI tacos). Second, is budget, and you can do very well with some mag carriers that are dirt cheap, or home made out of kydex.

I currently run my own kydex gear.

Edited by KTKlaus

I use the Safariland 774. Cheap, adjustable and holds the mag nice and snug. Note that you need to supply your own belt loop, ELS fork or teklok.

http://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Competition-Magazine-Holder-Tactical/dp/B003YD0KZU

This^^^^ I've been very happy with mine. They can be found with the Safariland belt clip, but it isn't as nice as the techlok.

KY1911, hit the nail on the head. The fastest reload is the one you don’t have to make. I use a 40rd pmag with a TTI extension. I use a kydex pouch made locally that has pretty tight retention (which I like for this application) and tight to the body just in case i have a huge stage goof or theres a

mandatory reload. It's lightweight and since it’s tight against the body, its not uncomfortable while prone (big guy problems) or on barricades. I’ve had some screws from some popular brands work themselves loose during a match that could have potentially been a problem. I'm not sure where in Texas you are, but Storm Holsters does great kydex work. Shoot me a pm if you want their contact info.

I've used the BladeTech, the Safariland, and a Maxpedition 2-mag open-top mag pouches. They all do their job. I could never get the BT pouch loose enough for my tastes without completely backing out the tension screw. The Safariland is working out great.