Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Right CZ Grip Size

Smitty79

I am re-reading Ben Stoeger's practical shooting book. I think my grip thickness is off.

I've been shooting a CZ85 but I am ordering a Shadow. I'm trying to come up with the right grips.

My CZ85 has Copper Gun Grips, I love their surface and toughness, but I think they may be too thin. They are about the same thickness as the stock grips.

When I get my grip, my strong hand fingers wrap around far enough that I have a hard time getting the "meat" of my support hand on the grip to get good pressure.

What should I get? I'm thinking of trying the CZC thick aluminum, but I'm interested in recommendations.

modify_inline.gif

Have seen people do this. Build up or use a thicker grip on the stong hand to position the trigger finger in the correct spot on the trigger.

Not sure what the options out there. the wood grips offer a thicker side, the thick aluminum. the factory rubber grip is thicker too.

I have medium/large hands and I shoot an accushadow. I switched from the factory thin aluminum grips to the thick, aggressive patterned CZ custom grips. The "lemon grater" ones. The thickness of the grip is perfect for me and the aggressive texture really digs into my hands. They are perfect for me.

I have medium/large hands and I shoot an accushadow. I switched from the factory thin aluminum grips to the thick, aggressive patterned CZ custom grips. The "lemon grater" ones. The thickness of the grip is perfect for me and the aggressive texture really digs into my hands. They are perfect for me.

This sounds good.

I've got decent sized paws. I use either the arched CZC grips or the rubber grips. I kind of prefer the rubber ones but find them butt ugly, especially next to the CZC ones. Haven't tested enough to see which I actually shoot better with.

I found the thin aluminum grips to be too thin, so I bought the factory rubber grips. I've been shooting with rubber grips for a few months but just changed the weak side grip back to the thin aluminum. I'll try that for a while.

I have a set of the lemon graters awaiting my sp01. I have also thought about adding grip tape to the front and back strap area to increase the circumference and add textutre, assuming the graters aren't big enough.

Definitely do this, it makes a difference. I use 3M decking tape from Home Depot. Works great. Oh, and I love the look and feel of my VZ Hyena brown tactical diamond grips from CZC.

I started running the "thick aluminum" grips and eventually settles on covering the entire left grip with grip tape.

Hand placement makes more difference than changing grips alone. I recorded this for another shooter ages ago but it still comes in handy to explain. I show my grip on my CZ at 3:50

• 1 month later...

I just got the thick Double Alpha grip and i like them. I have big hands and i wish someone would come out with something thicker.

Does anyone over here (US) sell these? I cant seem to find them on any US seller's site. Also, which grips have you found work best with xxl hands?

I am currently shooting with the CZ thick rubber and like them a lot. I have a Shadow coming soon. When that gets here, I will go into grip testing mode again. I picked up some DA thick aluminum to try as well as the CopperGunGrips and the Lemon Grater grips that I've spec'd to come on the gun.

I just got the thick Double Alpha grip and i like them. I have big hands and i wish someone would come out with something thicker.

Does anyone over here (US) sell these? I cant seem to find them on any US seller's site. Also, which grips have you found work best with xxl hands?

pretty sure ben stoegers pro shop sell the DAA thick grips.

I replaced my aluminum grips with the factory rubber. They felt better and they don't get cold during the winter. :)

I recently switched all of my CZ75's over the factory rubbers. I like the palmswell and the top of the grips to rest my thumb on. I tried some VZ grips and the thick and thin aluminum grips and they were too thin for me.