Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How active are you?

Sestock

Typically three a month (Spartanburg Practical on the first weekend, Rowan County on the second, Competitive Shooter of Statesville on the third) plus two or three majors thrown in and a couple of 5th weekend specialty matches.

James

Family obligations keep it to one or two IPSC matches a month, though there's the occasional IDPA and GSSF match thrown in. (And before the suggestion gets made, I've already tried to interest my son and wife in shooting many times, with little success).

I try to shoot at least 1 USPSA match a month.Problem is the nearest one is 1.5 hrs away and the other 2 hrs.I also shoot at my clubs unsantioned match each mo. and a IDPA match that is nearby also so I get plenty of buzzer-bang time .However since my holster is not IDPA legal anymore I will add another USPSA match on that weekend.

I try for somewhere between 4 and 8 matches a month, usually local and occationally a more major match some where interesting.

If there were evening matches, I could shoot more often :P

Kevin

Reading some of your responses has really made me aware of how lucky we are here in the Peidmont of North Carolina with a large group of clubs each on an average of 1 hour from each other. So from the city of Charlotte, there is a club within 60 minutes every weekend except the 4th.

We've got 6 monthly USPSA matches within 1 hr 45 min. Plus 2 nights a week there is a "mini" match. We can shoot year 'round. So I usually shoot once each weekend and one of the "mini" matches. Plus 5 or so majors. Guess we're fortunate down here.

I typically try and shoot both the open and limited matches at my local club, plus a few matches at clubs not so close to me. Throw in an occasional steel match, an ICORE match, and a multi-gun match and I have a pretty full schedule. I also try and get out Duck and Dove hunting when the seasons permit.

Vince

I average 7 per month (4 weekly club shoots on Tuesdays, and 3 monthly outdoor matches at the local ranges).

All of the monthly matches are within a 60-70 minute drive, so I guess I'm pretty lucky. If I wasn't working on the setup crew at one of these matches, I could make it 4 outdoor matches per month by adding Moss Branch in Anniston, AL (only about an 80 minute drive for me).

...Mark

When the weather is good, I get at least two club matches per month. Hopefully the NRA AP schedule won't conflict as much this year and I'll get to do three per month. Plus at least two State/Section matches and Area 5.

Local matches twice a month and at least two majors a year. I am starting to look into combining majors with family trips to increase the number. You know sweet talk will only get you so far and they miss me soooo much when I'm gone.

Ian Wicke

I typically try and shoot both the open and limited matches at my local club,

Vince

Hey Vince,

Out of curiosity how does that work? Do you litteraly have seperate matches for Open and Limited or do you shoot through twice?

I shoot in every IPSC match within a hundred miles of home. This use to be 4 matches a month, but one club has cut down from 2 to 1 match a month. Also, we use to shoot EVERY month regardless of weather, but some clubs have discontinued scheduling matches on holiday-weekends. Some have cancelled matches when the roads are icy or snowy. This cuts it from 50 matches a year to less than 40.

The good news is that a couple of clubs have been scheduling Steel Challenge matches once a month, and another club is gearing up to host IPSC matches for the first time this year. That'll crank it back up to around 50 matches a year, or more!

And of course, during the summer I can go to my local outdoor range after work and get in a couple hours of practice before it gets too dark to shoot.

I love summer.

winter sux

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have only ever shot one match, last Thursday. But......

I voted +25!

I plan to shoot as much as possible. The next two weeks look like this:

Tomorow( Sunday) Match

Tuesday night

Thursday night

Sunday

Tuesday night

Thursday Feb 17th, Florida Open

That is a good enough start to vote +25 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well like some of you ....I don't shoot verymuch.. due to recent health problems.

In (CAS) cowboy action shooting which is always (3gun) with an occasional side match or rifle or black powder only and I am located in the middle of all of them but still only once a month

Island Vaquero (Cajon Cowboys)...them chaps sure weigh you down!

In IDPA or IPSC with my health alot better I hope to jump into it slowly, at least once a month for pistol and whenever I can get into a midrange 3 gun shoot that I can use my pistol carbine in.

Reading half of the stuff you guys are posting sure is making me get all excited. Gotta get all the guns oout of the shop soon...theres a classifier coming up up near sunland,calif on the 26 for IDPA and a IPSC shoot on the 27th at the Gopher Flats Gun Club

Hope to see you there...that'll be my first for IDPA hope to see some of you californians there

LAkid

:rolleyes:

I typically try and shoot both the open and limited matches at my local club,

Vince

Hey Vince,

Out of curiosity how does that work? Do you litteraly have seperate matches for Open and Limited or do you shoot through twice?

I shoot with Vince. We have two IPSC pistol matches a month on our home range. Each is a separate series, but Limited shooters can shoot for score in the Open match (in Limited division) and Open shooters can do the same in the Limited series of matches. Several shooters shoot each match with the appropriate equipment. No time for second runs.

We also have 3 Gun, the occasional shotgun and rifle only matches, plus regular IDPA and cowboy matches. We have just started a series of steel matches.

Sometimes, it gets hard to find an empty range just to practice on... ;)