Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one of the ultra match guns in .40, where do I find these things?

These guys are listing one for sale

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/pistols/rock-island-armory-pistols/armscor-rock-island-hi-cap-tactical-1911-40-s-w.cfm?gun_id=100494683

I believe this is the one he is looking for:

https://us.armscor.com/products/pro-match-ultra-hc-40sw

Grab-a-gun lists it on their site. Currently out of stock, but you can sign up for notifications:

http://grabagun.com/armscor-rock-island-armory-pro-ultra-match.html

Edited by bigdawgbeav

I think they are the same aren't they ? Just a different model #....

If not, what are the differences?

I have the 9mm version (below) and when I called them to ask the difference between mine (older model) and the new one, they said they are the same gun, just a new name and model #.

post-39782-0-50263000-1437760444_thumb.j

Edited by compshootfl

I think they are the same aren't they ? Just a different model #....

If not, what are the differences?

I have the 9mm version (below) and when I called them to ask the difference between mine (older model) and the new one, they said they are the same gun, just a new name and model #.

The new .40 referenced above is one of their new Match guns. Full-length dust cover, but no rail. Like my new ROCK Ultra is a Para 14.45 clone, this one is an STI Edge clone, just different grips.

Think of it as getting an STI Edge for 1/4 of the cost. All that extra money for upgrades!

What parts drop in/or take very little fitment to the 9mm version? I'd like as short of a trigger pull and reset.

What other parts need replacing?

Thanks for the help!

It's all a matter of personal preference. I know that I want a lighter trigger pull, so I'm dropping in a C&S 3.5lb match trigger. I'm also going to have to remove some metal to make IDPA weight. After that I plan on losing the front sight for a narrow Dawson. Torn on the rear sight now that I blacked out the 2 dots. I'm also lowering the recoil spring weight and swapped the extractor for an EGW HD extractor.

Other upgrades to consider would be a metal MSH as the stock one is plastic. Maybe the ambi-safety could be changed.

Just ran 300 initial rounds down the barrel and I might want a wider safety as a thumb rest.

Speaking of breaking in, just made a new video (posted below) about different magazines. This video was shot prior to break in, so there will be another video post-break-in with my findings. *Spoiler Alert* - One of my new Mec-Gar mags was locking the slide back prior to the last round. Will also shoot a video about that.

For those of us with RIA double stack 40's.....

The ACT P16 40 magazines that Greg Cote offers are also stock equivalent for RIA HC (double stack) 40S&W. Great pricing too.

They lock in and function well and have enough body length to use bases on magwell equipped guns.

Unlike the Mec Gar P16 mags, which were too short to use bases and would barely (if at all) lock with factory magwells installed.

Edited by Yeti

• 1 month later...

Great Vids Bigdawgbeav I got a 40 with Tac rail inbound should be here Tuesday might not be able to pick up till thurs.. Have you thought of having the frame drilled under the grip panels like the para double stacks are?

I also ordered a 10mm Barrel, Link, And pin from Advanced Tactical the high cap 10mm they offer doesnt have the rail wanted the rail for extra weight for when i shoot the real 10mm Loads

http://s65.photobucket.com/user/2nd-Chance/media/ParaKit4.jpg.html

Edited by Bud White

Great Vids Bigdawgbeav I got a 40 with Tac rail inbound should be here Tuesday might not be able to pick up till thurs.. Have you thought of having the frame drilled under the grip panels like the para double stacks are?

I also ordered a 10mm Barrel, Link, And pin from Advanced Tactical the high cap 10mm they offer doesnt have the rail wanted the rail for extra weight for when i shoot the real 10mm Loads

http://s65.photobucket.com/user/2nd-Chance/media/ParaKit4.jpg.html

Yes on the drilling. I'm waiting for a local smith to call and let me know when they can take it. Hopefully going to have a frame cut like you would find on a standard 1911. Now I can also shave weight with replacing the magwell, but no one makes a lightweight replacement. Tried the Dawson for the 14.45 but it didn't work. Frame is different.

Sorry up front if this was answered already, but I'm having trouble finding the definitive answer.

I have the 40S&W Tac model on order and was wondering what particular items to order. The items I'm looking for:

1. Magazines

2. Base pads

3. "Race" holster that fits.

Also, is there any recommended upgrade(s) on the cheap side that will improve performance?

**EDIT- Just found the MBX branded mags, anyone with experience?

Edited by Combsie

Well get the 40 Friday my Package with barrel, Barrel link, Pin showed up yesterday minus the barrel why would you mail it in a yellow bubble wrap envelope and not tape it good at the ends.. almost looks like it was opened and barrel removed its a nice clean rip :angry2:

I bought a Non-tactical model in 9mm because I found one at a store. It does have the removable sights and no magwell. It came with one mag labeled 22 TCM. I had some Mec gar P16-40 mags which I added some plus two's and they work great. Both at 20 reloadable, the stock at 18 reloadable. My Para magwell snaps right on but the mags will not seat, so currently running without. It is a pretty big hole anyway.

It has functioned very well so far, the trigger is pretty decent, some take up but crisp, short reset.