Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting my chrony before recording the results

techj

I was wrapping up the 8th string (10 shots per) while doing some load testing and was just a bit too low :surprise::

post-42631-0-87103100-1409265970_thumb.j

The good news was that it was pretty much centered horizontally.

The bad news was that I hadn't recorded any of my results :angry2:.

FYI -- 9mm that destroyed the circuit board & the display.

post-42631-0-87103100-1409265970_thumb.j

Edited by techj

You going to put a little red dot there with a label "Delete Chronograph"?

I have a pair of the little F1 chrony's drilled right through the display---- going

to make a pair of bookends for the reloading manual shelf out of them someday. :)

Sunday I shot the screen support on my friend's chronograph. I was shooting and quickly looking at the display screen. Me thinks I looked too quickly. but then again, it sort of matches the way I shoot matches. You know: "Two alpha, Two alpha, alpha mike."

I had my chrono at a 3D course our church puts on every year, and watched the little kids shooting arrows out of their 20lb bows through it. Every arrow made me wince till I realized their arrows wouldn't penetrate the tuff bag behind the chrono. Then I felt better! 4 years and no dings....

So...other than not shooting too low :angry2:, any recommendations for chrono's with separate electronics/displays since I'm sure that this won't be the only one I kill. I'd like to keep the cost reasonable as I only need it a few times/year and I have to be able to chrono semi-auto handguns primarily.

• 3 months later...

we had a guy do that to the club chrono when he got his first open gun. he made himself some nice loads to try out. Being it was his first open gun and had a vertical mount, he forgot to compensate for the offset that close with the Cmore. first round went through the chrono.