Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MOST BEAUTIFUL OPEN GUN PERIOD!

MoonJeong

I saw the title of the thread and thought "oh boy, here we go again."

Then I opened it. After I picked myself up off the floor and made sure my heart was beating again, I agree. That thing is beyond words.

Many congrats!!!!

Is Brad friends with Bobby, or just have a man crush on him? It's not so much that the cocking serrations/lightening cuts are the same (although on this gun he reversed them) or the name and how and where he machines it into the slide, but if you go to his webite, his web page is set up the same way and his build sheets are the same too.

***** nevermind, there must be a connection, they even use the same front site cut picture on their sites

Edited by jrbet83

Is Brad friends with Bobby, or just have a man crush on him? It's not so much that the cocking serrations/lightening cuts are the same (although on this gun he reversed them) or the name and how and where he machines it into the slide, but if you go to his webite, his web page is set up the same way and his build sheets are the same too.

***** nevermind, there must be a connection, they even use the same front site cut picture on their sites

To be honest, the lightning cuts have been around for ever... Cheeley, Freedom, Gans, etc... have been doing them for decades. I can say that the reverse serrations I haven't seen before, as neither the Ballafiore rear cut... I have a Freedom gun in ion bond copper - also beautiful gun, but not as elaborate - attached is a picture of my freedom gun... To be honest, the Freedom gun does not function 100% and I can't trust it - The blackdog gun in the first 400 rounds has had one failure... but I attribute that to being new. The Freedom had a malfunction every magazine... Bobby told me that it was the magazines... I changed to STI and improved a lot, but had to re tune the ejector and firing pin stop angle... after that it runs 99%... that's one malfunction every 100 rounds... the average weekend match is 180 rounds... I get one or two malfunctions... still after 5k rounds... may be normal... may not be normal...

So going back to the who's design is it... the serrations? I don't know who invented it... but I'm sure that it was before Bobby's time... the Bellafiore cut? That's Brad's... the reverse serrations? I've only seen them in Brad's guns... The modified Cerakote mix? Brad's...

And yes I think Bobby may have influenced Brad, and that's fair... But Bruce Lee's master was never as good as Bruce Lee, else we would know... No need to start a gunsmith pissing contest - all are good when they personally work on the guns... I know Brad works on every single one of them... the rest of the gunsmiths? Not sure. That's why I went with Brad... If you don't like Brad, that's a separate topic.

Thanks

1601336_779166032096786_1465397212_n.jpg

Not trying to start a pissing match. I wouldn't waste the energy to extend my arm to shake bobby's hand. Just noticed the similarities; their names (gunworks thing), font/style/location of engraving on the slide, lightening cuts (all the guns on his website are like FGW), web design, build sheet design and even pictures on their web page.

Just odd/interesting.

Range report:

Just got back from the range and tested my Blackdog Gunworks gun... What I like to do to test overall gun balance and speed is plate racks at 12 yards... the average of 10 strings was 2.8 with my best at 2.6 with my previous open gun, and the Blackdog did average of 2.6 with the best at 2.2... that is amazing! as far as accuracy, it did not like my Xtreme copper plated bullets, but it may have been my crimp. With Zero JHP it did consistently 1" or less at 30 yards... that means that if I were on a controlled bench, it puts one bullet on top of the other.. can't ask for more than that! Brad did a phenomenal job fitting the gun together... By far the most accurate gun I have shot so far, the Freedom gun that I have is a close second in terms of accuracy. You can see from the pictures which is the plated bullets... those were really spaced out, but again, that is likely crimp as my Freedom gun also had groups like that with that load.

In terms of reliability, I'm awestricken... every single open gun when new has had malfunctions in the first few hundred rounds (if not thousand), something like a couple malfunctions every big stick... The blackdog had 1 malfunction in 400 rounds... I did 200 slow rounds... then I loaded 4 big sticks and 6 normal sticks and fired them as fast as I can... taking a couple minute break every 2 mags... amazing... brass all fell within a radius of 2 feet of each other about 8 feet out! Now the only thing I have left to do is to start shooting matches.

The only thing that will need some breaking in is the lockup... it's so tight that I have to put some energy in racking... but it only has 400 rounds. I will take some videos next... so far I can't be happier!

hy3uzyre.jpgvenesyny.jpge9e4use8.jpgdugu5yvu.jpgusy6uqa9.jpg