Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO Suspected of Cheating in USPSA Matches

Why did others keep it hushed up, especially those who saw it more frequently and are more experienced? That's my question too. Maybe he didn't pull it with "super squads" who he didn't think he could bully.

So, he bullied you, because you you let him where others wouldn't. It was somebody else's duty to report him. Got it.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you knew, why didn't you file a complaint with NROI??? If not you, then others knew, right? Why did you/they keep it "hushed up"?

Why did others keep it hushed up, especially those who saw it more frequently and are more experienced? That's my question too. Maybe he didn't pull it with "super squads" who he didn't think he could bully.

So, he bullied you, because you you let him where others wouldn't. It was somebody else's duty to report him. Got it.

Ha ha, nice Flexmoney. So it's a "blame the victim" situation to you. Got it.

I didn't know where you stood with your first comment, and I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But now it's pretty clear with that second comment.

Joe Mamma

No, I didn't expect someone else to report it. I accepted that he was an ass. It's well known he was a jerk. My issue was that this didn't come out of the blue. Putting words in my mouth is something I'd expect from a different class of people. But it's telling watching the ADs circle the wagons. I'm done with you.

Make that three.

"New" then. Less new now, but fully awakened to the "good ol' boy" network that infests major match scene.

Edited by NewColonial

What I saw was someone who liked to be in control. If you ever shot one of his stages you know what I mean. How much more control can you have than making the match go the way you want it to for your friends, and people you don't like for whatever reason? I think that is the basis for his actions.

^^^ This.

What's most appalling to me is the fact that MD's and AD's let him get away with making "his rules" and tweaking the WSB to suit him. It was no secret how he ran the stages he was on, but this too was "hushed" for years.

You say the MD's and AD's should have done something. Why, if you didn't do something, should they? You are a member just like them. You say it like it was a conspiracy but you did the same thing they did by not doing anything. Complaining and accusing is the easy part. Doing something is hard.

My question to you is, why do you get a pass on the hard part and they don't?

Some people treat USPSA like a for profit sport. We are in a volunteer sport. If we want a better sport, we need to do the hard parts.

Some people treat USPSA like a for profit sport. We are in a volunteer sport. If we want a better sport, we need to do the hard parts.

Um, for a lot, it is for profit. There are notable exceptions in the GM ranks who do volunteer (like the ADs, etc.) but for the most part, there is an elite tier who are consumers who DO profit off the volunteering of the rank and file shooters. They fill no positions in the organization, are not ROs, do not run matches, etc. So let's not get too far off track. I do agree, we do need to do the hard parts too.

Um, for a lot, it is for profit. There are notable exceptions in the GM ranks who do volunteer (like the ADs, etc.) but for the most part, there is an elite tier who are consumers who DO profit off the volunteering of the rank and file shooters. They fill no positions in the organization, are not ROs, do not run matches, etc. So let's not get too far off track. I do agree, we do need to do the hard parts too.

FIFY

Uh oh, who let the sacred cow out of the bag. You need to stow that sort of talk right now. Move along, shows over, nothing to see here folks.

First you learn shooting, then you learn the shooters, then you need to observe and function on your own. PVH is hardly the only unsavory character I have run into in shooting. Not even the only one in Area 6 or the other center of testosterone, Area 8. However, I don't think the percentage is greater than the population at large. So you learn to deal with jerks on an as needed basis. I can see where you are coming into the sport and still on the learning curve, somebody like PVH might yank your chain a bit. I think that is why the vituperative retaliation has occurred. It can feel awful to be powerless in that situation, and I wonder how many new or beginning shooters were turned off the sport by his behavior. He has always been a buffoon to shooters I know. Kind of like the worst algebra teacher in high school or the worst biology professor in college, you have to get some advice from mentors who have more experience and learn how to put in your game plan a way to circumvent and neutralize the issues these people create that put stones in your pathway to success. Not going to be more than 1 or 2 at an Area Match or Sectional, sometimes none.

I think the President handled it the best he could, and I tip my hat to him for that. I don't always agree with him and the BOD, hell they often don't agree with each other, but I think their heart is in the right place. I know that some journalists and politicians would love to seize an opportunity to criticize our sport, and I am always willing to back those who won't give them a chance. Keeping the responses low profile does us good in the long run. Shoot well. DVC

Does anyone know if he was an RO at the 2013 Area 6 match (St Augustine) or this year's Area 6?

Yes for 2014 Area 6, Stage 5. Don't know about last year.

Thx, I need to go review my notes from that stage to see if anything stands out. I honestly don't remember any RO from the match who exhibited the behaviors people are describing ....

No, I didn't expect someone else to report it. I accepted that he was an ass. It's well known he was a jerk. My issue was that this didn't come out of the blue. Putting words in my mouth is something I'd expect from a different class of people. But it's telling watching the ADs circle the wagons. I'm done with you.

Make that three.

"New" then. Less new now, but fully awakened to the "good ol' boy" network that infests major match scene.

With respect to the bold part, hmmmnn... Now add in how PVH was allowed to slide with getting his RO credentials yanked and his non-admission, non-apology apology, and then toss in the USPSA President not specifically naming him = something smells fishy.

Leaves me wondering if I should should expect another shoe to drop soon???

Does anyone know if he was an RO at the 2013 Area 6 match (St Augustine) or this year's Area 6?

Yes for 2014 Area 6, Stage 5. Don't know about last year.

Thx, I need to go review my notes from that stage to see if anything stands out. I honestly don't remember any RO from the match who exhibited the behaviors people are describing ....

He was one of several RO's running a timer on that stage so there's no telling who ran you unless you have it on video.

While I understand your frustration Kyle, I think you are being a bit harsh on an admittedly newer shooter.

?

He is a member since 2010. He claims knowledge of something being "hushed up for years". He certainly doesn't seem shy.

Two wrongs don't make a right. As members, we need to stand up, in the moment, and do the right thing.

This incident should be documented chronologically on the USPSA website. When it was first reported and by who. What the investigation turned up etc.

What other league does this??!!

The nfl didn't with the patriots

The UFC doesn't with their suspensions

MLB did..... Once congress was involved

Maybe you could say there was a timeline for lance Armstrong, but that was more media than it was. TDF....

No one I can think of airs their dirty laundry like you are asking...

You hardly ever know who blew the whistle...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it time to change the name of this thread from

"RO Suspected of Cheating in USPSA Matches" to "RO Caught Cheating in USPSA Matches"?

+1

How bout: "FORMER RO Caught Cheating in USPSA Matches"?

Edited by Chris Keen

This incident should be documented chronologically on the USPSA website. When it was first reported and by who. What the investigation turned up etc.

What other league does this??!!

The nfl didn't with the patriots

The UFC doesn't with their suspensions

MLB did..... Once congress was involved

Maybe you could say there was a timeline for lance Armstrong, but that was more media than it was. TDF....

No one I can think of airs their dirty laundry like you are asking...

You hardly ever know who blew the whistle...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They may not all chronologically lay out what happened, but I'm pretty sure they all list the name of any person suspended or banned from the league.

USPSA should also lay out some guidelines for their social presence across regions, I don't understand why each region doesn't have a group like Area 6 on Facebook for example, or why each of the individual web pages for regions are not consistant, or lack a regional mailing list. It seems to me these things would do wonders in helping grow the USPSA community and provide an easy place for members to find pertinent information about what is happening within the league as well as their individual regions.