Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun footwear

Up until now, I have always just worn Nike SFB boots while shooting 3gun.

I figure it is time I move into using a cleated shoe. My biggest Hangup is I don't want to get something that is too aggressive or that won't work well on the MANY different kinds of ground we shoot on.

So the question is, what is the best all around cleat for 3 gun?

I used nike lands harks for a while. They work pretty good for cheap cleats. I just bought a pair of saloman speed cross 3's that are pretty nice too, but more expensive. The salomans are more comfortable to wear all day. I like em both

Hard to beat the salomons for traction and all day comfort. I also like the fellraisers. The speed cross are good too (what most guys wear), but they only last about 1 season til the lugs wear off.

http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/innox-gtx-lo/3106009930/19 More stable than the Salomon Speedcross and are waterproof

At 6'4" and 230# I like more ankle support so the http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/khumbu-ii-gtx/2106609901/6 is my choice.

I've used Lowa ever since you suggested them in another thread. Extremely comfortable, especially the Khumbu line. Glad to hear that they are willing to associate with our sport. Does that mean that you convinced them to sponsor you?

Edited by bagdrag

Yeah Nike Landsharks right here. Cheap and i don't feel bad beating them into the ground. 250 dollar shoes are sweet but I don't think I could stand the thought of them touching the ground. Sign me up for the 35 dollar Big 5 landshark special!

Yeah Nike Landsharks right here. Cheap and i don't feel bad beating them into the ground. 250 dollar shoes are sweet but I don't think I could stand the thought of them touching the ground. Sign me up for the 35 dollar Big 5 landshark special!

I liked the Land Sharks right up until we had a stage shooting from a simulated sloped roof with shingles on it.