Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun footwear

Seriously what is the point of any thread on Brian Enos when Jesse Tischauser replies to every thread with his bitch slap of knowledge. I watched that guy destroy in Vegas. Just rename this forum to "do what Jesse says". No other pro takes the time to throw his knowledge down like this guy. I've shot with a few guys here and I can say that Jesse, Alaska popo and trapr know what they are talking about just do what they say.

Seriously what is the point of any thread on Brian Enos when Jesse Tischauser replies to every thread with his bitch slap of knowledge. I watched that guy destroy in Vegas. Just rename this forum to "do what Jesse says". No other pro takes the time to throw his knowledge down like this guy. I've shot with a few guys here and I can say that Jesse, Alaska popo and trapr know what they are talking about just do what they say.

There are a lot more smarter gun guys than me around here but thanks for listening.

Is the Spikecross legal? Is it not considered a cleat?

3-gun doesn't have any stupid rules telling you what sort of shoes you can and can't wear. The spikes are awesome. Only time I had issues was on some slick wood that was real hard or in a tarp or netting to catch brass. Usually they will even bite into 2x4's which is way better than plastic football spikes that slip and slide like ice.

Off topic but I'm glad guys like jt and a few others share good knowledge to help out other shooters. Always appreciated....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Oddly enough I have done an almost 180 degree change of how I view my footwear within the length of this thread. Prior to this thread I actually used army boots or some actual military issue boots almost exclusively every time. Actually I had been using Air Force boots because that kind of Ranger green color didn't scream military quite as badly as the tan ones did. But otherwise they're pretty much the same boots. Then I broke my ankle and I have to head to be very selective about what I wear now. I just shot the Midwest 3 gun in a pair of Keen boots, and now I want to sell all of my military boots and get another pair of these. They provided excellent traction over everything that CMMG threw at me and were comfy to boot no pun intended

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I wear hightop Merrels most of the time or my Wolverine work boots. I've been looking for something with a more agressive tread since our local matches are in the morning on wet grass.

I don't like feeling as if I'm going to bust my ass if I move or stop quickly.

I wear hightop Merrels most of the time or my Wolverine work boots. I've been looking for something with a more agressive tread since our local matches are in the morning on wet grass.

I don't like feeling as if I'm going to bust my ass if I move or stop quickly.

Wet grass<Salamon spike cross

Salomon Speedcross is by far my favorite shoes for 3 gun and USPSA and for about $100 it's a great shoes also for trail running.

+1
Have you guys tried the Spikecross version? The speed cross seem fine but the spike cross are the speed cross on steroids. I liken the speed cross to shooting a 126mm pistol mag and the Spikecross to using 140mm with Taran Tactical base pads and springs.

If your gonna go, why not go big?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Salomon Speedcross is by far my favorite shoes for 3 gun and USPSA and for about $100 it's a great shoes also for trail running.

+1
Have you guys tried the Spikecross version? The speed cross seem fine but the spike cross are the speed cross on steroids. I liken the speed cross to shooting a 126mm pistol mag and the Spikecross to using 140mm with Taran Tactical base pads and springs.

The spikecross are just Speedcross's with a few small metal studs, correct??

I cant see where they would help much... except for their intended purpose (ice) and maybe wet plywood?

+1

The spikecross are just Speedcross's with a few small metal studs, correct??

I cant see where they would help much... except for their intended purpose (ice) and maybe wet plywood?

Yeah they are the speed cross with spikes. They are purpose built for running on ice but the spikes dig into ice just like they dig into dirt, wood, grass or your opponents face and back way better than having just rubber on your wheels does. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Being fairly new to the sport in the past few years I used to wear some UA boots until falling on my ass last year at FN. Noticed everyone who was serious was wearing a show like the Solomon Spreedcross so asked for some at Christmas and used them for the first time at the Southeast Regional match. Night and day! Will never go back to boots. So much more traction and easier to move with the Speedcross 3s and not have to worry about slipping.

• 2 weeks later...

I toyed with various cleats and finally found some that I like, which are Nike baseball cleats. The problem with cleats in general is that some of the soles of football and soccer cleats are very hard plastic meant solely for use on the grass, but anywhere else they are slick as snot. The baseball cleats have a softer rubber that was made for gripping the diamond in baseball, but this means they also grip things like big rocks and wet lumber very well even if you never see any mud. I used them this past weekend for some trail stages, one was running down a sketchy rocky dirt bike trail with a shotgun. I had to switch over to my cleats from my Merrell hiking shoes to feel like I was getting the traction that I wanted. They're not the best in terms of arch support though, not really that great to stand around in all day due to this but I have zero issues with traction. These in particular run very narrow though, if anybody tries them you have to get the wide for them to fit like most other normal shoes. Best of all, they're only $35.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13320956&cp=4406646.4413887.4414014.24586626.11242173.11248969

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters